Site Reliability Engineer - Platform
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in +300 cities.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:
Interested in Systems Engineering? Do you want to be in a team that drives engineering culture towards better systems reliability at scale? Join the Glovo Platform team in our Barcelona offices and directly impact the experience of hundreds of thousands of users that use Glovo every day. The platform team at Glovo thrives on a strong internal customer focus and data-informed experimentation to improve resilience, reliability, and performance. You'll join us in enabling the future of deployments at Glovo.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Work with System Engineers and Developers to design and implement scalable solutions for our platform.
- Participate in Glovo's transition from monolithic architecture to microservices.
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with other teams to improve the overall design, reliability and scalability.
- Improve monitoring and observability to detect and respond faster to production incidents.
- Design, build and maintain core libraries used across the organization.
- Design, build and maintain core backend services that can work at scale.
- Automate all the things. Develop automation tools for efficient, noiseless alerting, toil and technical debt.
- Participate in incident management, diagnosis and mitigation to identify gaps in tooling and monitoring.
- Evangelize the adoption of best practices in relation to performance and reliability.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack.
- Extensive experience developing and running applications in large production systems.
- Excels at diagnosing and resolving performance problems in complex distributed software systems.
- Experience creating Observability tools to help instrumenting services and monitor key operational metrics
- Experience with message brokers (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Written tools and libraries to be used across multiple teams.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understand the Linux OS at both high and low level.
- Proficiency in high-level languages like Python, Go, and/or Java
- Deep knowledge about JVM internals.
- Deep MySQL knowledge.
- Experience managing and tuning relational database clusters.
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you! At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds. Want to take a peek into what it's like to work at Glovo? Follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 22 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/