Senior System Engineer (DevOPS Culture)
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +40M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in 248 cities. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:Interested in Systems Engineering? Do you want to be in a team that drives engineering culture towards better systems reliability at scale? Join the Glovo Platform team in our Barcelona offices and directly impact the experience of hundreds of thousands of users that use Glovo every day. The platform team at Glovo thrives on a strong internal customer focus and data-informed experimentation to improve resilience, reliability, and performance. You'll join us in enabling the future of deployments at Glovo.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Work with System Engineers, Developers, Architects to design and implement automated solutions with CD Pipelines for infrastructure and software build, deployment, and configuration
- Build and maintain tools, scripts, and processes that make our developers and testers more efficient Build DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
- Manages application documentation libraries and source code repositories.
- Maintain version control repositories and related systems supporting initiatives around Infrastructure as code
- Improve the existing delivery, operation, and monitoring processes for the different services and systems of Glovo.
- Participate in the definition of a sustainable infrastructure strategy for Glovo and its execution.
- Actively develop and maintain our systems infrastructure and tooling with a product mindset
- Help us scale our infrastructure as we keep growing in users and countries
- Use data to understand the availability, reliability, and sustainability of our infrastructure
- Participate in incident management, diagnosis and mitigation
- Monitor and optimize the performance of deployments
- Contribute to creating a fantastic shipping experience for our developers
- Experience diagnosing and resolving performance problems in complex software systems
- Deep knowledge of network protocols (HTTP, DNS…)
- Understand the Linux OS at both high and low level
- Proficiency in high-level languages like Python, Go, and Bash
- Experience using Docker
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code automation (CloudFormation, Terraform...)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS...)
- Experience building infrastructure automation
- Communicate well and be willing to engage with your teammates in group problem solving
- Experience in managing distributed services/microservices platforms
- Experience with RabbitMQ, SQS, ZeroMQ and other message brokers
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems
- Experience programming in Java
- Bonus Points:
- Experience managing ElasticSearch clusters
- Deep MySQL knowledge
- Experience managing and tuning relational database clusters
- Experience operating and tuning Java server applications
- Experience with Kafka or Kinesis
- Deep knowledge about JVM internals
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/