Data Platform Engineer
About Glovo:We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in over +300 cities. Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your work-life opportunity:We are looking for talented and passionate Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering team in our Barcelona HQ. We are hiring four different levels in the company, ranging from mid to senior. Glovo has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands data that is timely, accurate, and actionable. We grow really fast collecting Terabytes of data from tens of data sources and providing interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day. As a Senior Data Engineer you will be designing, building and constantly improving Glovo’s reliable and scalable Big Data Platform using different technologies. Joining us your work will have an immediate influence on the shape of data consumed by teams across Glovo including Central BI, Data Scientists and Business Analysts. Your depth of experience and past achievements will speak for itself having helped deliver on data platform wide projects that have had significant impact. You have developed tools and defined standards which have helped different data teams achieve efficiency while providing mentoring and technical leadership where necessary. You will be at times working independently and at other times within a team to achieve a given goal. Others respect you and you are a sought out Data Engineer because of your expertise and depth of knowledge
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Design, implement, scale and keep improving Glovo Data Platform through iterative architectural and technology techniques
- Participate in the development of Data Lake, Data Warehouse, different methods of data ingestion and Self Service ETL tools using best architectural practices.
- Mentor & share technical expertise with data engineers, data scientists, BI analysts and other technology colleagues
- Transform manual work to automation
- Be aware of our current infrastructure and actively seek/test/push new technologies
- Be on top of new technologies and industry trends
- 3+ years of software/data engineering experience
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and building scalable cloud data platforms (Data Streaming, Data Lake, Data Warehouse)
- Expertise in databases: SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) or NOSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services / Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud Data Warehousing experience in Redshift or another distributed platform (e.g. Hadoop + Hive/Presto, BigQuery or Snowflake)
- Advanced programming skills: Python/Scala/Java and SQL
- Experience in Data Streaming (Spark, Flume, Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, etc.)
- Experience of working with monitoring solutions (DataDog/Kibana)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Be familiar with Terraform and CI/CD
- Great understanding of Linux architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good English
Nice to have:
- Experience working with AWS components: S3, EC2, RDS, EMR, Glue, Lambda, DMS
- Experience with API design
- Experience with orchestration tools (Airflow, Luigi)
- Experience with Spark
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/.
Job tags: Airflow AWS CD CI Docker EC2 Elasticsearch Google Cloud Platform Hadoop Java Kafka Kubernetes Lambda Linux MySQL PostgreSQL Python Redshift S3 Scala Spark SQL Streaming Terraform