Lead Test Automation Engineer
With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and Medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 2 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
Work Location: EU – Remote
Full time role
Lead Test Automation Engineer will be responsible for the development of test strategies, test planning, and test automation design and test scripts. You will be working with the product, systems, architects and software engineering team to ensure the quality and successful releases of customer solutions. These solutions include mobile, web, and web services that leverage the capabilities of the BrightInsight platform. The BrightInsight platform is a medical IoT, cloud-based platform for the life science industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Lead the roadmap of Test Automation on customer projects, with the goal of improving testing efficiency and quality of the solutions that meet medical device regulation, data privacy compliance, and mission-critical reliability and performance requirements.
- Work with system engineers and software architects to design, develop and execute test plans and test cases.
- Apply emergent technologies and best practices to the design and improvement of microservice-platform, mobile and web-based test automation.
- Create automated tests for web applications using Selenium, Cypress or similar.
- Create automated tests for mobile applications using Appium, Espresso, XCUITest or similar.
- Create automated API tests for using Postman, REST-assured or similar.
- Create performance and load tests using JMeter.
- Create automated regression test CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, BitRise or similar.
- Report and drive increased test automation coverage across customer solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to QA engineers to influence and drive quality.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- 9+ years of hands-on software testing experience in developing test cases and test plans with extensive knowledge of automated testing.
- Knowledge/Experience working on test automation in two or more of the following applications: web applications, mobile applications and cloud-based software solutions.
- Knowledge of Testing Frameworks and Test Automation Design Patterns such as TDD and BDD.
- Experience with industry standard tools for defect tracking, source code management, test case management, test automation, and other management and monitoring tools.
- Experience working with Agile methodology.
- Experience providing technical leadership (architect, senior team lead, engineering manager).
Here are some preferred skills (nice to have)…
- Experience in working on software development in a highly regulated industry, such as health care/medical device, and financial industry, and familiarity with regulations and compliance requirements.
- Experience leading software quality engineering teams.
- Proficient in web, platform and mobile development languages such as Java, Angular, native iOS, Android, Flutter.
- Experience in designing, developing, testing and debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems.
- Experience with unit and integration testing.
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religious belief, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight makes reasonable adjustments so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Cloud Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Software Engineer (L4), Segment Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs