Director of Infrastructure
New York, New York
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.Who You Are
You are a growth-minded leader who cares about customer experience (engineers, internal end-users) as much as you care about reliability, scalability, and security of the infrastructure. You are not only a builder and maintainer but also a creator to bring a new way of achieving efficiencies.
Justworks is growing fast and we would love to have an experienced Infrastructure leader like you to join us and create a robust, secure, reliable, and scalable infrastructure for multiple product lines and rock-solid corporate infrastructure that engineers and end-users love to work with.
You will have an opportunity to define a platform where we deliver products our customers love, how we create scalable architecture and how we build teams who will make everything happen for ages to come.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering and partner closely with senior Product & Engineering leaders so we can deliver products continuously, and will also work closely with business teams such as Business Operations, Customer Success, Finance, Audit and Legal to ensure we create a robust infrastructure and clear process to provide support for corporate infrastructure and technologies.
Who You Are
- You possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- You value (in-person) relationships and camaraderie and you bring people from different roles and priorities together in organizing the work.
- You embrace servant leadership philosophy and supporting autonomous and self-organizing teams around motivated individuals.
- You are comfortable presenting to stakeholders regularly.
- Customer Centricity
- You prioritize customer satisfaction over tools & processes through iterative and incremental delivery of value.
- You embrace continuous delivery of customer value as a foundation of excellent software delivery.
- You value attention to technical excellence and good design to enhance agility, security, reliability, and ultimately customer value.
- You work relentlessly to gain the confidence and earn the trust of our customers, external and internal, in every aspect of technology infrastructure operations.
- You think strategically about scaling up the team, process, and systems in an Agile fashion through a set of experimentations and learnings and help the team adopt.
- You prioritize learning and embrace thoughtful changes.
- You promote the sustainability of the process.
- You use data effectively to help the organization learn and improve, using working software as the primary measure of success.
- You communicate effectively to the stakeholders and peers to educate the team.
- You use failures as opportunities to learn and improve.
- Domain Expert
- You demonstrate strong experience in network design and operations.
- You demonstrate strong experience in modern cloud technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, GCP, etc.
- You demonstrate you value infrastructure as code discipline with experience in Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef, Ansible, or other technologies.
- You demonstrate strong experience in data stores such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.
- You have built 24/7 tiered operations and support.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- 10 or more years of experience in infrastructure & operation management
- Strong background and experience in network design, system design, and end-user support processes.
- You have experience building and managing a team of world-class infrastructure, DevOps, database reliability, network and IT support engineers.
- You have experience in working in Agile and Continuous Delivery environments.
- You have experience in developing compliance and regulatory environment.
- You are comfortable working in the public cloud and Unix environment.
- You have experience in vendor management and budget management.
- You are comfortable with experimentation and innovation.
What You'll Do
- You will oversee infrastructure design, delivery, operations, and support of multiple product platforms that can scale, is secure, and is reliable.
- You will oversee infrastructure design, delivery, operations, and support of the corporate infrastructure, end-user technologies, corporate IT operations, and SasS platforms.
- You will be responsible for continuous security, compliance, and audit improvements working closely with the cyber-security team.
- You will lead and grow teams of dedicated cloud-focused DevOps engineers and IT support engineers.
- You will work with the Technical Program Management team within the engineering organization, reporting to the VP of Engineering.
- You will collaborate with various functions in multiple business units across our fast-growing technology organization and help us deliver amazing customer experiences.
- You will demonstrate Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless pursuit of continuous improvement both individually and organizationally.
- You will be organizing product and platform features, tech debt, and bugs and help teams establish the rhythm in delivering great software.
- You will establish and facilitate Product Engineering wide planning and collaboration activities (i.e scrum of scrums) through a set of standardized tools and workflows.
- You will be constantly identifying and communicating the progress, conflicts, blockers, risks, and cross-team dependencies to stakeholders.
- You will foster the continuous celebration of successes and learnings from the past.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs