Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Founded in 2013, Skedulo is a fast-growing SaaS company headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in Australia, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join us!
A Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for delivering scalable infrastructure for the product development teams to build upon, the network infrastructure to facilitate secure communications, and performant network traffic between global teams and our services. They are a champion of observability and performance of our services, providing technical leadership through coaching and mentorship of other Engineers to ensure software can be best in class for stability and performance.
Skedulo builds deskless productivity software for the 80% of global workers who don’t work in a traditional office setting. From employees in fixed location facilities to mobile field workers on the frontline, deskless workers number 2.7 billion worldwide. Our platform helps enterprises intelligently manage, schedule, dispatch, and support deskless workers on the go, whether they are full-time, part-time, or contract employees.
DHL, Sunrun, The American Red Cross and hundreds of other organizations have used Skedulo’s Deskless Productivity Cloud to book over 5M appointments worldwide. The company has secured over $115 million in funding to date, led by Microsoft's venture firm M12, Costanoa Ventures, Blackbird and SoftBank.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is a problem solver who designs, builds, manages and supports the infrastructure services that underpin Skedulo’s internal services and customer facing services.
- Day to Day
- Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays, and cost ballooning across teams, before they require escalation.
- Takes ownership of decisions made across multiple tribes by helping them make clear decisions in alignment with PD goals, backing decisions made, and taking responsibility for their success.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
- Technical Duties
- Provides effective input to technical discussions / decisions that impact the company’s ability to deliver quality engineering solutions.
- Consults and assists with implementation projects for any tribe in PD
- Drives observability work across multiple tribes based on the PD's observability approach.
- Delivers infrastructure enhancements with minimal technical assistance
- Contributes to incident response, recovery, review and remediation for any tribe in PD as needed.
- Communication Duties
- Communicate within your squad in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non technical subjects.
- Consistently works within your squad to help resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Leadership Duties
- Mentors more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner
- Models Skedulo and PD values
- Must have 3+ years cloud experience
- Must have 2+ years container orchestration (preferable Kubernetes)
- Must have 2+ years cloud automation experience (Terraform preferred)
- Preferred candidates will have a team player mentality, quick on their feet, agile, and aren't afraid to speak up and voice their opinion.
- Preferred candidates will have strong AWS experience, particularly in multi-account organisations
- Preferred candidates will have software development ability (Python and Go in particular)
- Preferred candidates will have a strong understanding of network concepts
- Preferred candidates will be able to communicate technical concepts and opinion
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Flextime - 2 days in the office & 3 days work from home
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 8 Days of public holidays per year
- Stock Options/ Equity
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs