QA Automation Engineer
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Automation Engineer to join our team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, young, creative, hard-working people to join us. We offer market-related benefits, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
You need to be strong in both root cause analysis and driving to action – in other words, you need to be a thinker and a doer, and doing doesn’t happen only during work hours….. You need to be passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering world-class customer experience. And, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives under change, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster. You will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com. In short, we need you to think like an owner of the business.
An Automation Engineer’s job duties include planning, designing, and evaluating products, as well as collaborating with production management. The Automation Engineer makes sure that the finished product can be identified easily and tested thoroughly. Testing returned units, collecting data, and analyzing patterns are also among the test engineer's duties.
Work closely with the QA Automation Lead to ensure quality is implemented as part of the processes and that quality standards are adhered to.
- Develop and maintain automation scripts in Swift and/or Kotlin
- Develop groovy scripts to create and maintain automation pipelines in CI tools.
- Work closely with the developers, analysts and product owners to ensure automation delivery.
- Develop and maintain the automation framework supporting the tests.
- Execute automated regression tests on physical and virtual devices through a CI pipeline.
- Setup automation test cases and test plans in test management tool.
- Provide on-call support for automation tests running in production.
- Investigate automation failures and raise necessary tickets against relevant teams.
- Understand the front-end and back-end architecture of the AUT.
- Setup and Maintain physical and virtual devices in device farms.
- Develop status reports based on test completion/findings and communicate these to team leaders including any impact on the overall project plan
- Perform all tasks with attention to detail
- Provide estimation for automation tasks added in the sprint.
- Provide daily & weekly status test reporting to test lead
- Troubleshoot issues experienced during testing
- Understanding of UI and backend testing
- Ability and experience with prioritisation of tasks, identification of items requiring escalation
- Degree / Diploma in computer science, software engineering or related technical discipline
- Minimum 4 years of automation testing experience on different mobile platforms.
- ISTQB/ISEB qualification will be an advantage
- Experience in setting up continuous integration tools and executing automated tests.
- Experience in setting up physical and virtual mobile devices in device farms.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Additionally, the role requires proven ability to read and understand test requirements and list out the logical testing path.
- Self-motivated with strong capability of fast learning
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and within the team
- The ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems quickly and creatively.
- Understanding of computer networks and excellent troubleshooting skills in these environments.
- Experience working with defect tracking – JIRA preferred
- Quick learner and can adapt to multiple project environments in shorter time frame
- Strong background with mobile apps testing (multiple platforms, devices and operating systems)
- Exposure to API testing will be advantageous.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it's all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to employ Exceptional Minds, people who are:
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute;
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume;
- Competitive. Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work. This does not happen only in business hours…..
- Curious. Always questioning the status quo;
- Not averse to risk;
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative;
- User-focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective;
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
Are you an Exceptional Mind if so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference