Senior Electrical Reliability Test Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a hands-on Senior Electrical Reliability Test Engineer to design and develop test and validation programs to support our Hardware development teams. In this position you will partner with Mechanical, Electrical, and Reliability Engineers to identify testing needs, design tests that challenge our products, develop test methods and the equipment needed to execute them, and work closely with technicians and outside providers to execute tests and analyze data for the team. If you’re interested in breaking really cool things, let’s chat!
What you'll be doing:
- Own test preparation, including: conducting test design reviews and test readiness reviews
- Authoring test methods
- Specifying and sourcing test instrumentation
- Contributing to DFMEAs and identifying testing and validation needs for new designs
- Working with technicians to set up and run tests
- Collaborating with cross functional development teams to build testability into designs
- Analyzing test data and recommending design changes or further testing
- Documenting and distributing test results with recommendations for improvements/next steps
- Own root causing of failures and driving their resolution
What you must have:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with test engineering in automotive, consumer electronics, or aerospace industry
- Expertise in designing fixtures and tools in SolidWorks
- You are well-organized and well-versed in project management best practices
- Background in thermal and or mechanical test to assess component reliability
- Experience with thermal and structural FEA techniques
- Proficiency in materials science, thermodynamics, or fluid dynamics
- Experience with LabView/Python/C/C++
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.