Junior Site Reliability Engineer
London, England, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Junior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Client Infrastructure team. We are in an exciting time as we transition our game-changing legal software to a highly scalable container-based platform, from the existing Infrastructure-as-Code AWS implementation.
The environment you would be required to support is a highly scalable container-based platform, deployed to AWS, across multiple regions.
Working in the Client Infrastructure team you would ensure the success of our product and provide engineering support and escalation for our Product Support team.
- Underpinning of Linux (RHEL or Debian-base) administrations, LPIC / RHCSA certification preferred
- Good BASH scripting skills.
- Application and infrastructure networking skills - Subnetting, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc.
- Amazon Web Services - SolArch Associate or higher certification preferred, equivalent knowledge proven is sufficient.
- Working knowledge with Hashicorp tools - Terraform, Vault, Consul - AWS preferred, Azure / GCP.
- Container technologies Docker/Containers - 2+ years’ experience required.
- Kubernetes - Familiarity required, CKA/CKD certification preferred.
- Familiar with release and deployment, versioning, change mgmt., etc. processes.
- GIT version control in-depth experience, preferred experience with Github Enterprise Server.
- Experience with HA AWS setups, multi-region or multi-cloud.
- Experience with container administration (K8S, Docker, Swarm, etc.).
- Experience in SysOps roles (monitoring, alerting, backup & recovery, DR-testing, etc.).
- GitHub Cloud experience and GitHub Actions / Packages knowledge.
- Understanding of Continuous Deployment tools.
- Good knowledge of Python 3+ / Ruby / Go or any OO scripting language (for automation and config. mgmt.).
- Our ideal candidate is organised, with excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage your own time effectively.
- Should be able to adapt to resolve issues under pressure.
- Familiar with Scrum / Agile methodologies is a bonus, but you will have previously worked in a fast-paced engineering role. At Opus 2 We always strive for excellence, and it is important that you do too.
Working at Opus 2
Opus 2 is a global leader in the LegalTech space, creating solutions to drive digital transformation in the legal industry. We are the trusted partner of the world’s leading legal teams, with 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- Contributory pension plan
- 26 days annual holidays, flexible working and length of service entitlement
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Calm and Mindfulness sessions
- Perkbox scheme
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity and an active CSR team raising money towards a company charity.
- Accessible and modern office spaces fully kitted out with Table Tennis Regular company social events
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs