Senior Software Engineer, Deployments
InfluxDB is one of the most popular and fastest growing open source databases, and is the premier Time Series database available today. It is relied on throughout the world for monitoring infrastructure, IoT, and many other important applications. InfluxData, the company behind InfluxDB now has a fully SaaS version. In this role, you will be part of the team owning continuous integration and deployment of the Cloud 2.0 SaaS offering.
We run Kubernetes in production across multiple clouds and multiple regions. Therefore we are constantly pushing the limits of Kubernetes tools and architecture. Everything from minimizing the time it takes for a PR to reach production, ensuring rock solid alerts, insightful metrics, to protecting users from each other through tenant isolation.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with deep experience running in production at scale, and who has a strong interest in Open Source, Kubernetes, and helping fellow developers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Designing and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline for our products: Ensuring that developers are able to quickly solve any CI issues they encounter, e.g. they can quickly identify tests that fail.
- Identifying and addressing bottlenecks in the pipeline so that developers get fast feedback on code changes.
- Ensuring that we are tracking appropriate metrics on our pipeline to know that we are improving on quality and throughput.
- Writing code that often anticipates problems and future needs. Contributions solve classes of problems not single instances of problems.
- Contributing fixes and features back upstream to open source tools used in the pipeline.
- Working with other teams to ensure the components of our SaaS offering are designed to be cloud native and work inside Kubernetes and its ecosystem.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- You are knowledgeable about Kubernetes and its surrounding ecosystem.
- You have experience operating Functions as a Service.
- You have real-world experience in continuous integration and delivery.
- You have experience working closely with teams deploying software to multiple regions in multiple clouds.
- You know how to collaborate with many teams to identify a company's value stream pipeline and where to focus on optimization
- You are comfortable coding in Go, or you know enough other languages that picking up Go won't be any trouble for you.
- You have prior experience working with a geographically distributed organization.
- You understand many of the tradeoffs of in delivery design decisions:
- Regularly deploying small batches of changes to production, versus less frequent and larger batches.
- Checking in dependencies into the main repository.
- Deciding on a canary, blue-green, or other deployment strategy.
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience across the areas listed above.
*We are unable to sponsor visas at this time (new or transfers) in any location*
We are 100% a remote-first company, supporting remote work throughout the United States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA), Canada, the UK, Germany, and Italy. If you are in a state we don't yet support, we are happy to look into registering in the US state.
Interview Process All our interviews are done remotely. Often the first interview is by phone or video and all subsequent interviews via video on Zoom. In order to ensure each candidate we interview is able to participate, please let us know if you do not have the ability to use a phone and/or laptop.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story.
InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs