Site Reliability Engineer
ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
50% of ActiveCampaign's customers are outside the U.S., with Europe representing 30% of this base. To be up close and personal with our customers and build upon our success in the region, we are establishing our EMEA headquarters in Dublin and looking to build a local team to lead this growth.
Platform Reliability Engineering organization’s mission is to build platform infrastructure, tooling and educational programs to empower ActiveCampaign’s engineering productivity. Our vision is to provide software leverage by enabling product development engineers to build scalable applications leveraging our internal platform with high velocity, quality and performance as features.
We aim to achieve Platform Reliability Engineering’s vision by 1) building a best-in-class Services Platform with 4 9s of availability, flexibility, security and compliance by default, 2) providing APIs, abstractions, infrastructure, composable services and self-service interfaces to accelerate product delivery, 3) optimizing cost-to-serve to achieve profitable scale, and 4) automating repeatable, time consuming and complicated infrastructure tasks and by building self service features and functionality that delight and inspire our developers to do their best work.
The Site Reliability Engineer is a technical engineering role within Platform Reliability Engineering organization, responsible for designing, operating and ensuring that ActiveCampaign’s Production services are up and performing reliably. You will develop, deploy and operate our global infrastructure leveraging AC’s first engineering principles, delivering 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalability and reliability.
What your day could consist of:
- Leverage your Cloud Engineering skills to help us build and operate a global saas infrastructure
- Conduct Operational reviews of ActiveCampaign’s major software components, systems, and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of ActiveCampaign's services
- Lead sustainable incident response, blameless postmortems, and production improvements
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services, on building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and on building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions
- Drive or contribute to infrastructure as a code
- Work on improving the security posture of the infrastructure stack
- Be available as primary and secondary on-call, SME on SRE related incidents
- Experience with pulumi, cloudformation, terraform or similar IaC
- Experience coding with python, ruby, php, go, or shell scripting.
- Experience with large scale multi-regional infrastructure deployments is a plus
- Solid experience, understanding of AWS
- Experience with EKS, Migration to monolith to K8’s would be nice to have
- Experience with PHP, Python , MySQL based applications
- Understanding of Customer Experience Platforms or equivalent would be great
- BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in software / web development
What is needed:
- Instrumented, operated and scaled backend services preferably across multiple AWS clusters, regions and environments with High Availability
- Triaged Site Availability Incidents and proactively work towards reducing MTTR for customer impacting incidents
- Partner with Service owners to implement Service Level Metrics & Service Level Objectives that act as service level health indicators
- Establish solid patterns for monitoring, benchmarking and deploying new features for the backend services
- Have a demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple product and platform teams
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into technical solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- 4+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, Production Engineer or Backend Software Engineer for web-scale or similar platforms
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values: Start with trustMake the customer a heroCultivate inclusion & diversityIterate everything, alwaysCreate WOWPursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 1 0 0
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs