Cloud - Senior DevOps Engineer
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
About the team:
The Elastic Cloud Delivery teams primary focus is to enable Elastic Cloud developers to be productive and efficient, ensure the stability of build and continuous integration environments, develop testing infrastructure for Elastic Cloud developers and Elastic product teams, tooling and automation in support of Elastic Cloud development, quality assurance, developer workflows and produce healthy code.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to design and implement engineer tooling and systems to deliver the Elastic Cloud product for the SaaS and on premise solution. We want to release software frequently, boring releases is the mantra for this group. You will contribute to the Cloud product by building next generation development environments, helping maintain our existing packaging of the product and continue to improve developer workflows. This role requires coordination across several engineering teams within Elastic.
What you will be doing:
- You will contribute to a wide array of developer tooling such as build systems, code review systems and development environments that affect both a SaaS platform and on -prem product.
- You will help us improve the daily workflow of engineers with automation and process enhancements as well as being part of the team creating our next generation delivery systems.
- You will contribute improvements to critical large scale software engineering problems presented by working on a mono repo codebase.
- You will contribute to solutions that optimize compile times for developers.
- You will be involved in making the delivery process more visible to all of our engineering teams.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in a joint effort to improve the development of Elastic Cloud products.
- Participate in code reviews for your team and other teams.
What you bring along:
- Previous experience with Jenkins CI, or other CI tools with a clear understanding of continuous integration pipelines as a whole.
- Experience with Gradle (we use Kotlin, but Gradle in general is awesome).
- Experience operating a SaaS product in a public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, or SoftLayer preferred).
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices and delivery methodologies, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, QA automation, design documentation, debugging and troubleshooting delivery pipelines.
- Experience with IaC, automating components and provisioning.
- Clear drive to build for speed and quality in development.
- Desire to automate with understanding of SaaS delivery.
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals.
- Have a strong desire for learning and growth.
You don't need to have all of these items, but these represent the types of work you will do at Elastic Cloud
- Prior experience with building CI pipelines and developing custom build systems using Gradle.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes and knowledge of its ecosystem.
- Familiarity with secrets management in a cloud environment and the impact to a delivery pipeline.
- Experience supporting applications through the build and delivery process in Java and/or Go programming languages.
- Experience in transformational culture change.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs