Senior Software Engineer, AWS Cloud Infrastructure
New York City Metropolitan Area, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Remote
Ready delivers medical care to patients in the comfort of their own home. We’re working to improve the lives of patients in our communities through our holistic, patient-centric approach to providing mobile urgent care for acute health issues and recurring care for chronic conditions. Our team has been featured in local news stories, EMS World, and JAMA, and was awarded first place in the New Orleans Big Idea competition for our cutting edge care. We now offer care in five states, with more coming soon. Ready is backed by leading venture capital firms, including GV Google Ventures, Deerfield Management, Founders Fund, Rise of the Rest, and City Lights Capital.
About The Opportunity
The Ready Product & Engineering Team is a fast-growing team of 20 members, which supports the delivery of care to patients, coordination of medics in the field, integrations with healthcare partners, and consolidation of data for reporting to the larger organization.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to focus primarily on AWS cloud infrastructure and security, including multi-account management, audit logging, managing IAM roles and permissions, and support engineers building applications. You will also work with ReadyCore platform engineers to further develop the ReadyCore platform built on AWS AppSync. The ReadyCore platform is our centralized platform for all patient data, visit scheduling, patient charting, medic management, and reporting.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you value having significant ownership of your work, helping to lead the direction of the team and product, and mentoring other engineers. We value collaboration, cross-team partnerships, continuous learning, and curiosity. We want to create an environment where all team members feel supported to openly discuss their opinions and ideas.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the VP of Product & Engineering to build infrastructure roadmaps
- Work with engineers to select appropriate AWS products for their needs
- Work with engineers to build architecture diagrams for platform documentation
- Build out infrastructure reporting and alerting
- Organize incident response simulations for cloud outages
- Improve AWS infrastructure security as Ready prepares for security certifications
- Drive a focus on security of patient data
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a software engineering or devops role, with at least 2 years of engineering lead experience in AWS cloud infrastructure
- A background in healthcare or experience working in highly regulated industries
- Backend engineering and platform architecture experience
- Experience with NodeJS and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with AWS products, including Cognito, Amplify, AppSync, API Gateway, Lambda, IAM, S3, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, SQS, SNS, SES, Secrets Manager, Cloudfront, and Route 53
- Experience with optimizing infrastructure for high availability and data loss prevention
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with Github Actions to deploy applications to AWS
- Experience coding in Python in a data ETL context
- Experience working with data teams implementing machine learning projects
- Experience standing up Windows servers and MS SQL databases using AWS EC2 and RDS
- Experience setting up AWS Pinpoint and Chime
- Experience setting up OpenVPN servers to access private subnets
- Experience using PagerDuty or OpsGenie for critical infrastructure and application alerts