Falls Church, VA
At XOR Security, we build solutions that keep our citizens safe, our government’s information secure and our intelligence professionals one step ahead of the adversary. From defensive and offensive cyber operations to data analytics and strategic consulting, the XOR team provides the insight, expertise and dedication to ensure mission success. Our solutions deliver certainty – the certainty clients need to make critical decisions and lead with confidence.
XOR Security is actively seeking mid to senior level Dev Ops Engineers who will be responsible for supporting a small team in the design and development of a prototype system to provide advanced time-series visualizations to a government customer for testing and evaluating military technology. Visualizing terabytes of time-series data in a meaningful way is a real challenge, and XOR Security has an exciting greenfield opportunity to solve that challenge. We need high impact engineers that can help us solve this challenging problem.
Due to the small team and nature of the work, you will be expected to wear many hats and solve a variety of problems, from infrastructure as code, enabling continuous integration and testing, operations monitoring, resource management, and systems administration. You will be working with senior data scientists and software engineers to develop a useful and usable data product, and will have a great deal of autonomy, responsibility, and creative control over the outcome of the product.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of building and maintaining infrastructure that supports mission critical software products. The ideal candidate would be extremely proficient in infrastructure automation tools and the AWS suite of services, with strong experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana, GitHub, or equivalent tools.
We are looking for a self-starting, experienced engineer who can solve complex problems, adapt to rapid change, and enjoys building products from the ground up. We are looking for someone who has an interest in automating greenfield infrastructure; who can help us think through our customer’s requirements for high-impact solutions; who has a passion for usability and high attention to detail.
The ability to work remotely is required, and strong communication skills are a must, with specific focus on written, asynchronous communication.
Some minimal amount (1-2 times per year) of travel may be required to the customer site in California.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of Dev Ops engineering, Systems Administration, or equivalent experience
- Complete fluency in modern infrastructure technologies and tools, including: AWS, Docker, Ansible, Unix operating systems
- Experience supporting high-impact systems in production environments
- Experience with ‘git’ as a version control system
- Experience debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- Experience supporting high availability, fault tolerant, and distributed systems
- Product development experience: experience designing and developing profitable or highly impactful products
- Experience with Kibana and/or Grafana
- Experience with extract, transform, and load pipelines, data engineering, and general high-volume data processing software
- Experience with static analysis tools, secure coding practices, network security, and security best practices
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship and Clearance Requirement
- Applicants must be US Citizens.
- Hired applicants must be willing and able to undergo a government security investigation to obtain a security clearance.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs