Software Engineer, Infrastructure as Code
Tel Aviv, or Remote
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
We have an opening for a software engineer to join our growing team and help take our Snyk Infrastructure as Code from an early-stage product with huge potential into a mature offering that stands alongside our core products.
As part of the Infrastructure as Code team you will help us to build products that enable developers to write secure configurations, and validate them well before code reaches production. Snyk’s developer-first approach meets developers where they work and provides fixes that can be directly merged into code.
We're a small team of ten engineers with a mix of web, security and product skills and a range of different backgrounds distributed across the UK (UTC) and Israel (UTC-2).
We work across the Snyk product range from the Snyk CLI tool, Snyk web application to backend micro-services. We work primarily with TypeScript & Node and Express with some Go where needed. While we welcome those with familiarity in these technologies we don't require experience with our stack to apply, we have team members with backgrounds in all different technologies.
Our web services use Node and Express backed by Postgres and our frontend web application uses Vue. We use Github for code review + Jest and CircleCI for testing and continuous integration. Infrastructure is currently managed using Helm and Kubernetes.
We're looking for someone who
Is a self described software engineer, excited to be part of building a new product, able to balance technical quality with delivering user value and working on all areas of the stack from designing features to deployments, front-end and infrastructure. Who has prior professional experience and a portfolio of work that they are proud of; for areas where you lack prior experience you are humble and willing to jump in and learn new skills.
You might work on
- Maintaining and extending our existing services to keep them in line with best practices and new technologies.
- Investigating and addressing performance and scalability concerns across our services as we grow.
- Working with our security engineers to research and support new technologies and environments.
- Identifying potential improvements in our team processes and workflows and driving the changes need to address them.
- Adding new functionality to our Snyk command line tool to better support our customers continuous integration workflows.
- Supporting, mentoring and guiding other engineers through pairing & code review.
- Participating in our on-call rotation, currently one week every three months and compensated.
You may be fit for this role if you
- Have a strong technical background, including 4+ years of professional experience building web services & applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to talk about potentially complex technical concepts in ways that make it easy for others to understand.
- Have a people orientated, team-first mindset and are invested in building a high performing team as much as a successful product.
- Have a high standards and opinions on topics such as code quality, testing and continuous delivery and enjoy working with others to raise the bar.
- Enjoy working on early stage products; talking with customers to identify, prioritise and solve problems iteratively and build something that they really love.
- Are comfortable working in a cross-functional team, working across the stack to deliver new features from ideation to production.
We value building a team with a diverse set of backgrounds and experience. This list is not an exhaustive list of skills we're looking for, nor should you feel like you need to meet all of them to apply.
We would especially love to hear from you if you
- Have strong proficiency with Typescript and/or Go.
- Have production-grade experience with Kuberenetes or have worked with any of the popular cloud platform offerings from Google, Amazon and Microsoft Azure.
- Have a demonstrable track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers.
- Have a strong community involvement (open-source, conferences, meet-ups, etc).
- Competitive salary and generous equity.
- Annual leave plus the usual public holidays.
- An annual learning budget and time to spend on your personal development.
- We offer a flexible approach to work with team members able to from the office (when permissible), working remotely or adopting a mix of both.
- Working from home, mobile phone & wellness stipends.
- Benefit plans to ensure that all Snykers have access to healthcare, income protection, the ability to save retirement and to take time off.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs