Junior Platform Engineer
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a Junior Platform Engineer to join our growing team in London or in Tallinn within our Service Platform team.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
The team is responsible for building the platform on which microservices run, ensuring it is robust and resilient to failure. We want to deliver sustainable solutions for product teams, with a healthy dose of paranoia knowing how complex, distributed systems can fail.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Team
- You'll be working hands on in our Service Platform team. We want keen engineers who want to build first-class solutions for product engineers in Wise, streamlining how fast an idea can be delivered into production. We are investing in building cloud native applications backed by AWS as well as scaling our use of Kubernetes, so curiosity and learning is key.
- You want to collaborate and work within the team, but also across the wider engineering organisation.
Is that you?
- Experience coding in languages such as Java, Groovy, Python, Go
- Interest in building out scalable and automated Cloud platforms on preferably AWS
- Keen to learn how distributed systems work, can fail and how to build scalable systems (across multiple regions)
- Containerization technology and various orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
Nice to Have
- Basic sysadmin skills in debugging issues with disk, network, app/JVM performance etc
- Experience in infrastructure as code and automation tools (Ansible/Terraform)
- Knowledge and an eye on newer architectural concepts such as microservices, service mesh, lambda programming
Key Areas of the role;
- Design and discussing how to build mission-critical shared infrastructure - run, maintain and schedule upgrades
- Identify where automation can solve manual processes, evolve them so there is less friction between teams but still with guard rails and controls
- Monitor and measure our stack to insure maximum availability
- Engage regularly with our blameless postmortem culture, always focused on continuous improvement
- Flexible working hours and location, open to travel to engage with teams regularly (post Covid-19)
Interested? Find out more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs