Sr. Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager for our Infrastructure Group.
Slack is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our Infrastructure Group. As Slack’s data grows, the Infrastructure Engineering Group aims to provide the best blend of the tools and technologies that will strengthen the efficiency and dependability and scalability of our compute platforms and services. As a TPM, you understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion methodologies within your team and across the organization. You will play a meaningful role in scaling our Cloud Platform, Site Reliability and Messaging Infrastructure as well as making our user experience interacting with our services more efficient, pleasant and productive. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create programs and have a customer-centric mindset.
This role will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence the trajectory of development within Slack Engineering. This role can be based out of an office or remote.
What you will be doing
- Working cross functionally across the Infrastructure Group, you will align, unblock and enable Reliability and Core Infrastructure to deliver high impact cross-functional programs at Slack.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
- Work with engineering partners to continuously improve our service deployment/orchestration platform and drive the program and process for Disaster Readiness.
- Measure, monitor, and communicate metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
- Leverage internal data warehouse and visualization tools to identify gaps, track progress and inform data backed program decisions
- Represent Slack in large forums and drive issue resolution with broader community
- Act as primary driver of long term programs running longer than 6 months. Responsible for generating a roadmap and execution vision for the team.
- Drive predictable multi-stakeholder execution with little oversight. Ensure high quality specs from teams and capable of identifying gaps, unblocking issues, driving alignment between groups.
- Become a strong influencer with credibility with peers and stakeholders, capable of building productive, trusting relationships with partners, autonomously.
- Act as a mentor to other TPMs and partners driving similar work.
What you should have
- You have a strong knowledge of Cloud based Infrastructure and service deployment platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
- Understanding of Site Reliability and Disaster Readiness processes.
- Proficient in Git, Github, AWS Infrastructure, Grafana, and real time monitoring software
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs