Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Remote
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
Oscar's business depends on trust. From forging relationships with our members through our Concierge teams to storing their Protected Health Information (PHI) in secure databases, a trust chain weaves through all that we do at Oscar. The Site Reliability Engineering team at Oscar is one of the links in this chain; the infrastructural and platform layer decisions that we make impact the availability and security of our services, and affect all interactions with members and providers.The ideal candidate is either a software engineer with a good administration background or a highly skilled system administrator with knowledge of coding and automation
As an Oscar SRE, you'll join the Infrastructure Engineering Team and will gain experience and exposure with other teams. You'll work directly on the cutting-edge core platform, with a key focus on improving its speed, reliability and efficiency. We take pride in our ability to operate complex machinery and resolve incidents with a cool demeanor. You will help architect the systems that are driving a new type of insurance company.
You will report into our Director of Infrastructure. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WA. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
What we’re actually doing:
- Build and improve our platforms, systems and infrastructure using your excellent background in Linux, distributed systems, infrastructure as code, and AWS
- Manage individual projects' priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- Guide teams with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security.
You at Oscar
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in Site Reliability or Software Engineering
- Programming is part of your tool kit. We’re looking for someone comfortable programming in Python, Bash or Go
- Experience with AWS, infrastructure, cloud native software, and various data stores
- Experience working with container orchestration systems
- You’ve been running high volume production systems for years.
- You have excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- You understand security implications and responsibilities.
- You believe there is no infrastructure without code.
- You’re passionate about technologies, whether it be a new shiny new thing or an arcane, ill-conceived protocol; our company may be new, but the healthcare industry isn’t!
- You maintain calm while troubleshooting production issues.
- You can dive into source code to understand system behavior
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs