Build Reliability Engineer (Starlink)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BUILD RELIABILITY ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Starlink is Spacex’s ambitious goal to bring high quality internet to the globe by building a constellation of thousands of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) using our Falcon 9 reusable rockets. We are developing millions of devices for end users to link our customers to our satellites. As a build reliability engineer on the Starlink team, you will be working with other engineers in all disciplines to ensure reliability of the product through design, manufacturing, test and end-use, as well as the production floor on creating process controls to ensure high quality product.
- Develop and implement process control strategies for the product and its subcomponents to maximize field life and minimize early life failures while enabling early detection of potentially widespread defects.
- Write data analysis programs to exercise data collection over the various production processes with minimal impact to production.
- Execute projects to reduce cycle time and improve reliability as well as working closely with all engineering disciplines.
- Investigate failures in production to identify and mitigate the immediate and underlying root causes in order to reduce risk and improve reliability of designs and processes.
- Create process validation plans and protocols, sampling plans, production procedures, and process development reports, as well as documentation pertaining to process development, qualification, and validation to meet regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with multiple engineering disciplines and production to maximize reliability across all areas.
- Define the ongoing reliability testing strategy to monitor the manufacturing process health and screen for long term reliability defects caused by process and component variability.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- 1+ years of professional experience in test, manufacturing, or process engineering.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with both electronics and mechanical design and analysis including knowledge of RF principles.
- Programming experience in Python, C or SQL with an emphasis on data analysis and automation.
- Proven success with instituting statistical process control and conducting design of experiments to understand process dependencies in high volume production environments.
- Demonstrated capability to think creatively and solve complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team.
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, marine or automotive industries.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and offsite as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs