Support Team Lead - DevOps
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
As a leader in this rapidly growing Technical Support organization, you will partner with other influencers and technical experts to centralize client engagement paths across the markets which WellSky serves, acting as a main point of contact for internal and external clients. An energetic, personable, and visionary teammate you will collaborate with support and engineering leadership to scale incident management practices to optimize hand-offs, ensuring a positive client experience. Strong leadership and technical acumen will be essential to drive mission critical projects including tools for systems operations monitoring, process architecture and documentation, and knowledge management. You will work with Engineering, DevOps, Solutions Management and Support teams on system issues and downtime communications with customers. This is a great leadership opportunity for someone to come in and lead a brand-new team.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- In collaboration with other technical support leadership, you will be responsible for the smooth running of WellSky’s incident response practices, 24x7 support operations, and enterprise solutions.
- Manage proactive client alerting, communications, and root cause analysis for client-facing, business critical incidents.
- Apply industry best practices for WellSky’s Enterprise Support functions driving real-time client engagement management and cross-functional support strategies with a focus on client outcomes as measured through core KPIs: client communications/responsiveness, resolution rates, throughput, and SLAs.
- Facilitate internal engagement with partner organizations and teammates including as necessary to maintain system functionality.
- Build and manage a team of Technical Support Analysts and Support/System Engineers to meet the needs of our clients and business while coaching and developing these teammates through all facets of professional development.
- Partner with People & Talent to identify and develop technical support teammates to scale with the demands of a high-growth organization including System/Support Engineers and Technical Support Analysts.
To Succeed In This Role, You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience in a technical infrastructure, DevOps systems engineer or equivalent software/systems engineering role.
- Strong leadership skills to direct, support, and motivate teammates working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong ability to identify opportunities for efficiency and process improvement.
- 4+ experience with DevOps, software development, and/or operations monitoring systems management.
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing technical role.
- 2+ years of leadership experience of client service or technical teams.
- Experience with one or more of the following: AWS, GCP,Azure or platform experience
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours as required by the business.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, or Software Engineering
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Experience using Salesforce.com, JIRA, or equivalent support/engineering management tools.
- Experience with development skills/languages is a plus: REST API, (Micro)Services, .NET Core, C#, SQL, TypeScript, Angular, CSS, Python.
WellSky is a leading supplier of software and services solutions that help acute, post-acute, and human service providers improve efficiency, support business growth, and provide intelligent care to patients and people in need. WellSky is headquartered in Overland Park, KS with 1,800 teammates across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world - including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, in-home care agencies, post-acute care facilities, government agencies, and human services organizations. WellSky's software and services address the continuum of health and social care - helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve touch challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. Informed by 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers' needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care's potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs