Lead, Software Engineer, DevOps
Plantation, FL(HQ); Sunnyvale, CA
This is a hands-on Software Development Lead role in DevOps, reporting through the software organization to support our Jenkins CI ecosystem that builds Lumin OS and Lumin SDK.
The ideal candidate will have experience architecting, designing, and supporting highly available Google or Amazon Cloud services using the latest technologies including Terraform and/or Kubernetes. The candidate will also have strong skills developing and maintaining codebases in Python, Java and/or Groovy.
- Modernize Jenkins CI architecture - move existing on-prem installation to cost-optimized cloud deployment.
- Maintain, migrate, and plan new features for the Jenkins CI server used by the Platform OS and SDK teams.
- Add new features to existing custom Groovy/Java-based imager and autoscaler.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for a team of devops engineers.
- Collect, analyze requirements from the software organization for new build machines and systems.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest devops technologies and how they can be used/deployed within the software organization. Collaborate with Technology Solutions team to implement and ensure highly available systems for software organization developers.
- Respond to Production and service escalations. Lead incident and root-cause analysis with calm and an eye towards service improvement.
- Provide expertise in tools used for software development: CI/CD pipelines, automated version control systems, software artifacts management tools, etc.
- Plan and coordinate Jenkins system upgrades, cutovers and migrations. Support software releases from DevOps standpoint.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps roles (mid-to-large-scale environments)
- 2+ years software development experience including hands-on coding
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to collaborate and drive solutions within a team.
- Strong bias towards infrastructure-as-code deployments.
- Ability to root cause and lead service restoration efforts with composure.
- Experience deploying, scaling and administering mission-critical services in the multi-cloud environment (GCP/AWS) and on premises.
- Experience deploying, configuring, managing and automating CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Concourse and others
- Extremely comfortable with Linux-like environments and CLI. Comfortable with administering Windows
- Expertise in configuration management automation: Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Ability to calmly and quickly respond to production outages under pressure, triage complex architectures by following standard operating procedures and escalation workflows. On-call support for operational issues.
- Familiar with cutting edge virtualization tools: Docker, Vagrant, Terraform, GKE
- Experience deploying, configuring and administering multi-tier applications (Proxy layer, Application layer, Data layer: MySQL, PostgreSQL and etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools: Zabbix, Datadog and others
- Expertise with the scripting languages: Yaml, Python, Bash and Groovy
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of cutting edge technologies
- Firm grasp of the Agile SDLC methodology and practices
- BA/BS, MS preferred, in Computer Science or relevant field, considerable weight will be given to hands-on experience and prior accomplishments
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs