Senior Platform Engineer
Chip Financial Ltd
Posted 1 year ago
We’re Chip. We’re here to make saving effortless, easy and fun. Our mission is to build the best savings app in the world.
We help people save up money automatically. In fact, we’ve automatically saved more than £150 million for tens of thousands of our savers already.
We’ve done all this by using AI, Open Banking and a disruptive approach to traditional banking.
Now, we’re helping people get better returns automatically, too.
You can open a market leading savings account in a couple of taps in Chip, as well as deposit, track and withdraw your money.
As you sit back, save and earn interest, we’ll keep going to the banks on your behalf to negotiate better rates.
This was a service that used to only be available to the super-rich, but we've done some clever things to pool Chip savers' money, so we can negotiate with banks like you're a millionaire.
Sounds pretty good, eh? And we’re just getting started.
Chip is being built by a fast-growing team of designers, developers, customer service professionals, marketers, banking experts, and entrepreneurs, with the backing of more than 11,000 investors and a huge community of Chip savers.
We’re growing fast and we have some very exciting plans. We’re looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to help us make them happen.
NB: Expected start date 1st September
Senior Platform Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with AWS and Terraform, we’d like to meet you.
What you can expect to be doing:
You will be working with a talented team of engineers help build the Chip platform. We’re all about automation and security at scale - Terraform, GitOps and AWS. You can expect to be using a range of tools such as Terraform, Inspec, Jenkins and more in your day to day role, interacting with over 25 AWS accounts, all doing different things. You should be able to be flexible in response to customer needs and work closely with a team of developers to help build the world’s best app for stashing cash.
What we’re looking for*:
- Scripting experience: Bash, Python, GoLang
- Infrastructure Experience: Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation
- Cloud Service Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Container / Container Orchestration experience: Docker (e.g. ECS, EKS, Rancher, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience deploying containers into highly automated AWS environments
- Experience with DNS management (Route53, especially with split horizon)
- Experience defining and deploying secure IAM access controls across hub-and-spoke accounts, with a strong understanding of federated protocols
- Security awareness (access controls, deep packet inspection, security groups, network ACLs)
- Understanding of Microservice Architecture / Mesh technologies and how to deploy / manage them
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, we’re about having fun together to build the world’s best app for stashing cash. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £70,000 - £85,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Discretionary share option bonus
- 5% interest bonus on your Chip account
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Face to Face interview with the hiring manager
- Final Interview and chance to meet your new peers
Note to Agencies
Chip does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies in response to any of our live roles on our career page. Chip will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee relating to these unsolicited CVs. Chip explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited CVs, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Chip.
Explore more DevOps and Cloud career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs