Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ2130
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Friday July 9th, 2021
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Mos Saleh
Reporting to the Director, Cloud Architecture, you will be responsible for:
- Lead direct and indirect reports in the development governance and maintenance of architectural patterns, frameworks and standards that align with corporate strategy, best practices that enable business value, meet SLA requirements, and are deployable at scale for / in our Cloud Platform.
- Leader and participant in the federated architecture community, working closely with other technology teams and stakeholders to ensure products and services are developed and maintained in alignment with technology standards and business objectives.
- Work with technical teams and stakeholders to understand the current state and target state; owning the technology roadmap and setting the architectural strategy to ensure delivery of ATBs Cloud Platform.
- Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the current and target state architecture in accordance with constraints and within corporate risk appetite.
- Review product level architectures and details designs in order to ensure compliance with the program level solution architecture.
- Collaborate with peers within Development, DevOps, QA to ensure strategic and tactical alignment between the Technology Strategies & Architecture and other teams.
- Provide and maintain awareness of architecture patterns and any applicable changes to the teams within the various teams
- 10+ years of Architecture and Software development experience that includes experience and understanding of micro services architecture, application development, application systems design, and integration
- Solid experience with a variety of modern technologies/approaches including Event based architecture, Cloud based deployments, REST/API first applications, mobile and web technologies
- Hands-on experience with automation/DevOps/SRE activities with gitops.
- Experience with Public Cloud platforms, such as GCP and AWS.
- Experience with container-orchestration such as Kubernetes(GKE), and Serverless Platform.
- Understands product delivery elements (i.e., meeting delivery timelines, testing bottlenecks, constraints) and shares risks in the actual progress of delivery outcomes that the product team is delivering
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, consultative, and team communication / facilitative skills with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience leading project teams to deliver solutions and acting as a liaison between business, product and technical project team members.
- Assists the project manager in the creation of project estimates, costs and identification of issues and risks.
- Creates appropriate solution architecture deliverables such as solution assessments, business and technical architectures, and conceptual designs.
Prefer experience with Google Cloud Platform including VPC configuration, Network isolation and data encapsulation for N tier application design. Other areas of GCP expertise that are preferred include working knowledge of:
- Network perimeter control in GCP (firewall rules and IAP, VPC Service Control)
- GCP Load balancer (Global, network, HTTP(S), SSL Proxy, TCP proxy) and Cloud Armor
- Data protection and ex-filtration with DLP API, identification and redaction of PII.
- GCP network security and access within GCP cloud environment
- GCP IAM model, ACLs, Service accounts, Roles and Policies
- Apigee Edge and Apigee X
- Enterprise Architect - Expertise in SAP, S4/HANA, Banking Services, Payment Engine, CRM, etc
- Database experiences (HANA, DB2)
- Enterprise Architect that has worked on an SAP S4 HANA transformations
- Expertise in SAP Banking Solutions
- Multiple years of experience in developing solution architectures
- Experience in migrating SAP Workloads to Public Cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure)
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs