Engineering Manager, Snyk Infrastructure as Code
Tel Aviv, or Remote
We have an opening for an experienced and collaborative Engineering Manager to join our growing team and help take Snyk Infrastructure as Code from an early-stage product with huge potential into a mature offering that stands alongside our core products.
As part of the Infrastructure as Code team you will help us to build products that enable developers to write secure configurations, and validate them well before code reaches production. Snyk’s developer-first approach meets developers where they work and provides fixes that can be directly merged into code.
We're a small team of ten with a mix of web, security and product skills and a range of different backgrounds distributed across the UK (UTC), Switzerland, and Israel (UTC-2).
We work across the Snyk product range from the Snyk CLI tool, Snyk web application to backend micro-services. We work primarily with TypeScript & Node and Express with a some Go where needed. While we welcome those with familiarity in these technologies we don't require experience with our stack to apply, we have team members with backgrounds in all different technologies.
We're looking for someone who
Is people orientated first and foremost and excited to grow both our engineering team as well as our product. Who is as comfortable balancing people, product and processes to build a great team and deliver a high quality product.
Some things you might work on
- Leading a team of cross-functional software engineers & security engineers, alongside a product manager and designer.
- Working with your product counterpart to own and shape the direction of a core part of our product.
- Introducing and improving the engineering practices on the team - from planning to retrospective; from innovation to operational excellence.
- Managing the hiring for the team, ensuring our pipelines are healthy, helping with sourcing and designing the interview tracks.
- Providing team members with regular feedback, coaching, and mentoring via regular one-on-ones and annual reviews.
- Some coding to support the team where needed, helping to drive out risks by building a proof of concept, or improving our tooling to increase team efficiency.
- Taking part in maintaining and supporting our service during our on-call rotation (for a week every 8 weeks and compensated)
- Leading group initiatives and goals, for example working to help define a career ladder for our Staff+ Engineering roles.
You may be fit for this role if you
- Have experience in coaching, and mentoring software engineers.
- Have a software engineering background and are comfortable supporting the team with their core responsibilities. Including challenging and empathising with architectural or coding opinions in the team.
- Have a people orientated, team-first mindset and are invested in building a high performing team, with a strong engineering culture as much as a successful product.
- Have experience collaborating closely with product managers, designers and engineers to curate a roadmap that aligns with our customers needs. And enjoy working in iterative/build-measure-learn cycles.
- Are a strong multi-tasker, capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to talk about potentially complex technical concepts in ways that make it easy for others to understand.
- Have a high standards and opinions on topics such as code quality, testing and continuous delivery and enjoy working with others to raise the bar.
- Enjoy working on early stage products; talking with customers to identify, prioritise and solve problems iteratively and build something that they really love.
- Are comfortable working with a distributed cross-functional team.
We value building a team with a diverse set of backgrounds and experience. This list is not an exhaustive list of skills we're looking for, nor should you feel like you need to meet all of them to apply.
- Competitive salary and generous equity.
- Annual leave plus the usual public holidays.
- An annual learning budget and time to spend on your personal development.
- We offer a flexible approach to work with team members able to from the office (when permissible), working remotely or adopting a mix of both.
- Working from home, mobile phone & wellness stipends.
- Benefit plans to ensure that all Snykers have access to healthcare, income protection, the ability to save retirement and to take time off.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! Snyk reaches more than 2.2 million developers across the globe, positioned within organizations such as Salesforce, Google, and JP Morgan. Our most recent March 2021 Series E funding round valued us at over $4.6 Billion.
We believe open-source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.
Explore more DevOps and Cloud career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs