Quality Inspector (Build Reliability)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
QUALITY INSPECTOR (BUILD RELIABILITY)
Our quality inspectors are responsible for being the last line of defense in assuring mission success. You will perform in-process inspections and verify that all key performance and design characteristics are met or exceeded during launch preparation and recovered booster processing. You will be working hands on with the most cutting edge rocket technology currently available and will be part of history. This position will be supporting the Quality Inspection team at the SpaceX Valve Factory, which is responsible for the most critical components of our Dragon and Falcon programs.
- Perform in-process and final end to end inspections on flight hardware.
- Document production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required.
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues as they relate to the site and other SpaceX locations.
- Process non-conforming product and assist engineering in root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Routinely observe technical operations and offer guidance and/or serve as an additional technical resource.
- Determine manufacturing compliance to NASA and customer, as well as internal, specifications to meet launch and mission requirements.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years inspection experience in an aerospace environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or higher in quality, engineering, or related field.
- Military experience.
- FAA Airframe and Power plant license.
- Experience with quality assurance principles, methods, and processes.
- Experience with avionics and electrical systems.
- Experience with aerospace propulsion and principles.
- Experience with aerospace structures.
- Experience with satellite assemblies.
- Experience with ground support equipment (GSE), fluid systems, mechanical systems, and general associated equipment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in aerospace standards.
- Intermediate level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Intermediate level skill with Windows operating systems.
- Secret clearance or above.
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs