Senior DevOps Engineer
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes.
This position will suit a candidate with experience as a developer and thorough knowledge of information security concepts, someone who is an effective communicator, and documents and produces report effectively. You will also assist with improving our automated security testing processes integration with security tools and processes, automation, and automatic reporting. You will focus on increasing automation capabilities using Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, or similar tools and services. Leverage expertise in Cloud architectural constructs as well as Cloud-specific technologies and services using knowledge of Cloud APIs to establish and maintain Cloud environments programmatically. Perform engineering and management tasks in planning, development, test, production, operations, and maintenance environments. Engage with multiple functional groups to comprehend challenges and prototype new ideas.
- Setup, monitor and maintain DevOps cloud-based SAAS products and solutions involving IoT, big data, microservices, cloud, containers and machine learning
- Maintain security and data privacy, ensure compliance and perform required security, compliance and performance tests
- Work with architects on deployment architecture, security and CI/CD and then implement these on the cloud
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in the fields of secure application development in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years of experience with networking, infrastructure, or database engineering or operations
- 3+ years of experience with build, deployment, and release automation and orchestration
- 3+ years of experience with supporting enterprise Cloud applications or infrastructure
- 3+ years experience with Docker and container orchestration using Kubernetes
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure as code environments, including any activities around automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, and monitoring and testing, such as CI/CD
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience in a DevOps role in projects involving Java, NodeJS, J2EE, messaging, Microservices and Containers for complex, scalable, SAAS or enterprise grade products
- Experience in Big data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, HDFS, Kafka, Druid, Hive, HBase, ELK stack in a complex Big Data product/project
- Experience with agile and Scrum
- Experience in automation/configuration management using Jenkins/Bamboo and Chef/Ansible/Puppet/Terraform
- Experience in a manual application assessment, including Software Composition Analysis (SCA), Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST), Static Application Security Testing (SAST)
- Infrastructure and APM monitoring using tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, PagerDuty, Glowroot, AppDynamics etc.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS/GCP is required)
- Experience with Big data operations and tuning
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner
- Strong problem solving, analytical, design, architecture, decision-making and communication skills.
- Self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.