IT Infrastructure Specialist
At Wise, we’ve got a clear mission — money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives.
We’re looking for an experienced and hands-on IT Infrastructure Specialist to help support our existing services, tools and infrastructure, as well as make sure they’re secure and fit for the job. You will also have a chance to onboard new tools and learn to manage them regularly. Your work impacts everybody in the company, directly or indirectly.
The role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe. With 10m customers, we’re already moving over £4.2bn a month and have over 30 people in our internal IT teams spread across the US, Europe and Singapore.
What you’ll be doing
As an Infrastructure Specialist, you will help support existing platforms, help our IT Support teams across the globe and onboard new services where needed. You will also be closely working with our security team to respond to any incidents, manage devices and be a technical support specialist across a range of aspects of our internal infrastructure.
The IT Infrastructure team works with our IT Support, IT Access, IT Automation, Security and other operational teams to configure new services, update and upgrade existing infrastructure, and make sure that the rest of the company gets to move without obstacles.
- Improve, modify and update any of the internal tools or platforms you’re responsible for - Active Directory management, MDM management or managing AWS resources.
- Remove blockers for the IT Support team where needed - deployment, fleet management, AV solutions, troubleshoot VPN/network issues.
- Document your areas and train others in your team in your tooling - create documentation about processes, participate in DR planning and exercises.
- Make sure that our infrastructure makes others’ lives easier - build redundancy into our infrastructure, make sure we have backups and recovery plans.
- Configure new platforms and tools, to make sure they’re set up correctly and securely.
The experience you’ll need
- Great communicator - inter-team projects are our bread and butter, you’ll need to coordinate with several teams or even lead projects.
- Natural aptitude with technology - the more you know, the better, but more importantly you must love learning about tech, tools or services.
- Self-sufficient and somewhat independent - we are a global company with ever-expanding offices in different timezones. We support each other as much as we can, but there are times when you’re the only one in the timezone.
- Previous experience in IT; extensive support experience or backend/sysadmin experience.
Bonus skills / experience
- You have experience with a programming language / scripting
- AWS or other cloud based hosting experience
- Experience in managing or configuring a fleet of devices (Windows/MacOS/Linux and/or mobile devices)
- Any networking experience - servers, routers, switches, VPNs, wireless setups, etc is also very beneficial
Previous experience within an IT Infrastructure or System Administrator position is essential.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs