Senior Cloud Automation Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re hiring talented Cloud Automation Engineers that are passionate about using software-based approaches to solve complex infrastructure challenges and automate those solutions. You’ll be part of the cloud engineering organization where we have a strong focus on using engineering and software practices to manage and scale our cloud infrastructure. Working in cloud engineering, you’ll lead and contribute to initiatives aimed at scaling our infrastructure, process, systems, and automation. You’ll build a deep understanding of Snowflakes service and use that knowledge, coupled with your infrastructure and cloud knowledge, to optimize and evolve our infrastructure reliability, availability, serviceability, and price/performance.
You’ll work with some of the brightest engineers in the valley. To be successful, you’ll need to be deeply technical and capable of holding your own with other strong peers. You possess excellent communication, collaboration, and diplomacy skills. You have experience practicing infrastructure-as-code, including using tools like Terraform, Ansible. You’ll have strong software development fundamentals and skills. In addition, you’ll have strong systems knowledge and troubleshooting abilities.
If you love solving problems at scale, prefer to write scalable, reliable, and testable software to automate infrastructure management, are an ace troubleshooter, and are deeply technical, then this is the role for you!
AS A SENIOR CLOUD AUTOMATION ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Work on providing a highly automated Cloud-based runtime environment for deploying and scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute platform.
- Develop tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services.
- Design and build net-new production grade environments for advanced analytical workloads.
- Plan, lead, and execute complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR CLOUD AUTOMATION ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- Significant experience with AWS (6+ years), including design, implementation, and maintenance of large scale environments.
- Ability to work on complicated projects with multiple stages and convert long term strategy into short and long-term objectives.
- Extremely strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong automation programming skills. Must have CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software.
- Strong knowledge and implementation history of Terraform, ansible and other orchestration frameworks.
- Strong understanding of networking, Linux, distributed systems, cloud design patterns, API's, and security.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Prior experience implementing and maintaining analytical environments / analysis systems
- Prior experience with Container orchestration platforms is a bonus.
- Experience with Azure and/or GCP
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- The position may require access to U.S. export-controlled technologies or technical data.
- Employment with Snowflake is contingent on Snowflake either verifying that you may legally access U.S. export-controlled technologies and technical data, or successfully obtaining by July 1, 2021, any necessary license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to allow you to have the ability to access U.S. export-controlled technology and technical data.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs