Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Manager
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re searching for talented Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Managers to join us for our efforts building out the Snowflake platform on a broad set of Cloud providers. Our team at Snowflake has responsibility for the infrastructure layer in development and production. As our team is growing rapidly to keep up with this broad responsibility alongside Snowflake’s immense growth. We need additional managerial talent to help lead the charge.
Engineering Managers at Snowflake are expected to have a technical background, and will have either prior experience in the domain they are managing, or the talent to learn the area if required. Outside of Engineering-specific decision making we set a high bar for ourselves in terms of critical thinking, communication, and sound decision making. We feel that managers who share a belief in the importance of these non-technical traits alongside the pan-Valley desire to build scalable, easy to maintain systems, will excel in our environment.
AS ENGINEERING MANAGER - CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Directly manage a talented team of Infrastructure Engineering ICs, and will provide:
- Support, guidance and feedback
- Career guidance
- Enable staff to do what they love
- Recruit, Interview, and Hire new team members.
- Collaborate with other Engineering Managers and Product Managers on project schedules and resource allocations to ensure timely delivery.
- Build and manage a cloud engineering team with an execution focus
- Lead large, complicated projects alongside Individual Contributor technology leads
- Work on providing a highly automated cloud-based runtime environment for scaling a distributed, multi-tenant, high performance compute system.
- Utilize your experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the Snowflake service on an ever-expanding set of Cloud Providers.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation.
IDEAL CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING MANAGER AT SNOWFLAKE WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- A demonstrable track record of success at managing talented Engineers.
- Understanding of Data Infrastructure systems and architectures built on Public Cloud platforms.
- JIRA project management, scrum and triage fundamentals.
- Experience architecting, building and maintaining OS images for large scale SaaS platforms. Focus on memory, cpu and networking performance.
- Strong knowledge of various package tools and methodologies for system components such as RPM and deb.
- Deep understanding of *NIX systems, networking, system automation, software development, and testing.
- History of software development, automation and software engineering practices to automate large scale systems/processes.
- Prior experience supporting an Internet facing application at scale.
- Prior orchestration experience (Puluimi, Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul).
- Prior configuration management framework experiences, such as Ansible or Chef.
- Formal software engineering background (aka CS degree).
- Prior experience with time-series based monitoring / observability systems.
- Prior experience with distributed systems.
- Ability to translate business strategy into action
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs