Site Reliability Engineer
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
About the team and position
We iterate quickly and you will see your work have an immediate scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company. Our Team Leads are hands-on, getting down and dirty with code on a daily basis. We're doing exciting things at Carvana! Pushing toward microservices architecture, experimenting with new technologies like Azure AKS and being a part of an open-minded team when it comes to learning newer technologies and tools.
What you’ll be doing
- Observe the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
What you should know
- 6+ years of experience in software development using advanced application languages such as .Net, Java or GoLang.
- Design patterns, Test-driven development and N-Tier architecture.
- Coding experience beyond simple scripts.
- Debugging and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems and automating the triage process.
- Working with cross-functional teams to meet delivery goals.
- Experience in working with service-oriented application architecture, and the ability to design and develop high performing, scalable, secure and reliable web services.
- Working with dynamic resource management frameworks like Kubernetes.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks.
It would be great if you also had exposure to
- Worked with a Public/Private Cloud Platform.
- Experience with NoSQL DBs like Mongo or Couchbase.
- Used ElasticSearch, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Touched on a distributed messaging bus like Kafka.
- Exposure with RUM, IAM, APM solutions like SignalFX.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs