Associate DevOps Engineer
Associate Software Engineer (1102) (Kubernetes + Python/Go + DevOps)
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking an Associate Software Engineer with Kubernetes and Python/Golang expertise who can help lead our efforts for developing, maintaining, monitoring and integrating Kubernetes with our CI/CD Pipeline. As an Associate Engineer, you will be working on distributed systems for a wide range of core microservices, tooling and automation. You will also be given the opportunity to help refactor and integrate existing architecture for greater automation.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will…
- work in an agile team, and be able to take over scrum master role, to develop and maintain our new CI/CD pipeline which will be used by multiple products and services at Acquia.
- utilize your experience in object oriented programming to build and integrate solutions for automation of tasks.
- help onboard our +50 services, products and components and revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services.
- maintain an understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- collaborate with your team members to review their work and have your work reviewed in turn.
- work with other teams in deciding, developing integrations with other systems.
- participate in Scrum software development lifecycle.
- provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
- work in a team environment where your team owns and operates the services you build.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Know how to code.
- Are curious and like solving complex challenges for scalable, low latency distributed systems.
- Enjoy creating software solutions for a Cloud native environment.
- Enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Have a passion for containerization and automation.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- BA/BS in computer science or similar
- have been involved in building and operating Kubernetes clusters
- have done object oriented programming in a language like python
- 1+ years of Software/DevOps Engineer and/or build, release & rollback experience including delivery to production
- have deep understanding of version control systems (Git, SVN etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- centralized logging experience with Sumologic or similar products
- understanding of security best practices
- experience with continuous delivery and integration tools: Jenkins, Github, Artifactory
- experience writing build automation using Python/Go (object oriented), Terraform, Unix Shell
- experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- developed code for extensive test coverage, performed continuous deployment in a professional software engineering environment
- experience on administration of Linux servers
- knowledge of AWS/GCP products like EC2 or EKS/ECS
- ability to provide after-hours support as needed for emergency or urgent situations
Extra credit if you…
- are proficient with container based products
- have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- are able to work in a team and be a team player
- have knowledge of Drupal, MySQL, Apache and other open source software
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs