Network Engineer - DevOps
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the Role
We are looking for a Networks DevOps Engineer to join our Networks Operations team. We build, create and innovate solutions focused on helping our customers improve speed and accuracy of changes; reduce manual work and remove networking tool issues.
This role will suit someone with DevOps skills and Network Engineering experience, as a best of both worlds. This role will involve working with Developers and Architects within the company to create solutions for our customers.
This role will initially see you working on an incredibly rewarding account making a real difference in the community.
What you’ll bring
Solid understanding and experience within Network environments:
- Understanding of Networking principles and practical application.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including LAN protocols, BGP, RIP, NAT, OSPF/EIGRP, TCP/IP and Wireless (Cisco, Aerohive, Fortinet, Aruba).
- Experience with router and switch technology as well as working knowledge in protocol analysis. Includes ability to configure, deploy, upgrade, and troubleshoot.
- Exposure to Cloud Solutions: Azure, AWS
- Experience with diagnosis and troubleshooting using firewall analysis tools.
- Exposure to some of the following technologies:
- Load Balancing: F5, Citrix Netscaler, Global Server Load Balancing
- Firewall/Network Security: Fortinet, Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto, IPS, and VPN
- Experience with IP address management, NAT and PAT.
- Holds CCNA Certification, CCNP preferred.
Additional Coding skills and experience required:
- Django (Python), Django Rest Framework, Django Background Processing using Celery
- Angular 9+
- REST API integration to Security/Network and other systems
- Fullstack Agile development environment
- Experience with modern web technologies (such as Angular, Node, TypeScript, HTML5, etc.) Emphasis on Angular/TypeScript
- coding automation tests in a web application environment ( pytest etc.)
- Exposure to RESTAPI, web applications testing like Postman etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools especially Git, Gitlab code management and deployment practice
- Strong working knowledge of CSS, including CSS driven layout
- Experience with browser development tools.
We are looking for someone with an open mind and practical approach that can help us to solve real business and technical problems using the latest technology. If you enjoy constantly learning and are always willing to lend a hand, then we want to hear from you!
This role will be delivering projects to our Federal Government clients and therefore to be successful in this role it is compulsory that you are an Australian Citizen and you must be eligible to obtain an NV1 clearance. Candidates with current NV1, NV2 or OSA will be preferred.
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs