BlueSmarts Poland - Junior Cloud/DevOps Engineer
Warszawa, Mazowieckie, PL
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
For our freshly formed team specializing in cloud technologies, we are looking for an early-level professional interested in learning cloud-native development and DevOps principles. You will play a fundamental role in a newly assembled innovation team delivering projects and prototypes to clients across Central and Eastern Europe.
We are on a lookout for someone enthusiastic who is willing to learn and apply newly gained skills in practice. We prefer open-minded people with entry-level experience who will grow continually with the team, rather than the other way around, so do not be afraid to get in touch.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting development of cloud-native web applications through their whole development lifecycle
- Design and implementation of development and deployment processes automation
- Design and development of Infrastructure as Code (or AI optional) artifacts, including CI/CD automation (Pipeline as Code) within multi-cloud environments
- Learning new technologies and adapting them to the project’s needs
- Cooperating with other members of team such as architects, AI experts, developers, and UI/UX designers
- Communication with other stakeholders, including clients and other internal departments
- Flexible working hours (can be part-time) according to agreement and possibility to work from home - suitable for graduates and students (time-off during exam periods upon agreement)
- Opportunity for business travel to clients across Europe (optional)
- Work with cutting edge cloud technologies in agile team mixed with senior, experienced peers
- Access to a vast range education platforms and courses, leading to various certifications (IBM, Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Career development guidance and mentoring - prospect of focusing on different career paths (architecture, consultancy, engineering)
- Benefit package
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and apply cloud solution architecture and DevOps principles
- At least basic experience with Linux/UNIX environment, scripting (Bash, Python) and application development
- Intermediate experience with at least at one mainstream programming language
- Ambition to take personal end-to-end responsibility for assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to discuss work-related matters in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fundamental knowledge across the technology stack, including infrastructure and networking, working with data, basic experience with Deep Learning opensource frameworks (TensorFlow, Caffe) and basic experience in building and deploying AI models
- Awareness of basic cloud computing principles, experience with listed cloud environments/technologies - IBM Cloud, Red Hat, Azure, AWS, GCP, Docker, or Kubernetes
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure Bash CD CI Docker GCP Kubernetes Linux Python Unix Web applications