Sr. DevOps Engineer
Remote - Austin, Texas, United States
EVOTEK™ is North America's premier enabler of digital business with a focus on innovation. With technology offerings in data center and cloud, EVOTEK is uniquely equipped to enable customers with the industry shift from traditional IT computing to secure multi-cloud. With services practices in cybersecurity, mobility, platform engineering and AIOps, EVOTEK is moving up the value chain, closer to the part of digital business that matters most. EVOTEK was named to Inc. Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” in 2018 and 2020. For five consecutive years, from 2016-2020, EVOTEK was listed in The San Diego Business Journal's “Best Places to Work” and recognized in CRN's “Solution Provider 500” list, CRN's “Next-Generation 250” list, CRN’s “Triple Crown” and highlighted as CRN's “Top 150 Growth Companies”, holding the #1 spot in 2017 as the fastest growing system integrator in the country. In 2020, EVOTEK was named to the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing companies in America.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team! You will design and develop solutions to complex application and integration challenges, oversight of our operations, and you will leverage the latest technology in our cloud tenancies.
- Strong background in managing version control systems (SVN, Git, etc.).
- Experience managing continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Hudson, etc.).
- Experience with automated configuration management and deployment tools (Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, etc.).
- Experience developing infrastructure as code (eg. Terraform).
- Strong experience with Cloud-Native applications.
- Background working in a multi-platform environment (Linux, Windows).
- Experience with builds and packaging in a Linux/Java environment strongly preferred (Maven, rpm, etc.).
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies, and working with a structured change management process.
- Broad range of programming/scripting experience (ie. Python, Ruby, GO, etc.).
- Experience with technologies to create and manage virtual development environments (e.g., Vagrant) a bonus.
- Experience with containerization and scheduling (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Cloud platform deployment hands-on experience in Azure and AWS.
- Attend and actively participate in customer ceremonies and activities (Scrum/Kanban).
- Creatively solve problems in the DevOps space, collaborating with customer Ops, Development, and QA team members
- Maintain a “can-do” attitude and a sense.
- Listen to our customers/teams, understand their pain points, coach/mentor them for working smarter.
- Document & Build CI/CD Pipelines.
- Document & Build Infrastructure as Code.
- Work with Docker and Kubernetes to create and schedule containers for deployments.
- Document decisions regarding technology choices, best practices and process flow.
- Automate builds and deployments across multi-platform environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A can-do attitude and sense of urgency for a high growth/fast paced environment.
- Proven track record of leading implementation of release engineering best practices, both processes and technologies.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Curious mind, wanting to learn new technologies.
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions.
- Strong company culture.
- Competitive compensation.
- Benefits package that includes 100% paid medical, dental and vision for the employee.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Annual company overnight retreat (employee + significant other).
Equal Opportunity Employer
EVOTEK believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs