Architect (L6), Platform Infrastructure
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing and so is our Platform org!
Platform Engineering is Twilio’s strategic investment in reliability and efficiency; We are responsible for the core compute, connectivity and software delivery systems which provide the foundation for all products at Twilio. Platform is busy building our next-generation offering at Twilio, based on Terraform, Kubernetes, and AWS.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Software Architect to join us and support teams building our Container Platform, Service Mesh, and Identity & Access efforts.
Ready to make an impact? You will contribute to the overall Architecture team organization at Twilio. This role is at the intersection of many key initiatives, and because it’s a part of Platform Engineering - this role empowers our developers, accelerates our time to market, and fuels our long term technology strategy.
Twilio is looking for a seasoned Architect who lives the Twilio Magic and who will bring deep experience in distributed systems and platform engineering principles to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know how to build software that delivers it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our diverse product and tech stacks are addressed. You also:
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms.
- Use written documents to drive consensus on long term (2-3 year) initiatives with a company wide impact.
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions.
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems.
- Domain Expertise in one or more of: distributed systems, identity management, data analytics.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant experience.
- Have demonstrated the ability to design complex systems in an iterative and evolutionary manner.
As a Platform Architect, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Provide engineering leadership and ensure our resources are solving the most critical engineering problems, while ensuring our products are scalable, performant, and highly available.
- DON’T SETTLE: Focus on delivering the highest quality of services, and you support your team as they push production code that impacts thousands of Twilio customers and their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with engineering managers and tech leads, enabling them to create and deliver critical new products and/or features that align with our strategic objectives.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Connect with teams, both onsite and remote, to ensure they are delivering on engineering and operational excellence and growing their skills through your leadership.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Show the way through crystal clear communication; share your knowledge in a scalable way by documenting vision and viewpoint and by contributing actively to the Architecture Guild.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Platform Engineering is a lever for reliability and efficiency at Twilio. Our mission is to “Make Twilio reliable for customers and efficient for engineers.” Engineering in Platform means understanding the evolving needs of today’s Twilio Engineers and delivering products that will meet their needs today as well as meet their needs over the next 3-5 years.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is a US/Remote position. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928.00 - $182,776.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312.00 - $159,929.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBook
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs