DevOps Engineer – MessageBird 24sessions
24sessions is innovating customer interaction. We are a fast-growing scale-up in Amsterdam. Our SaaS solution is leading when it comes to customer interaction via video chat. We are helping organizations like Rabobank, ING, AEGON, Vattenfall shape the future of customer satisfaction. Google, McKinsey & Rocket Internet recently elected us 1 of the 10 best B2B scale-ups in Europe!
That’s why we’re looking for a talented DevOps individual to climb onboard on an incredible journey. Join 24sessions as a Remote DevOps Engineer
About the role
Part of being the best video solution is making sure our SaaS product cloud environment runs like clockwork. Our product team consists of 2 squads. As a DevOps Engineer, you would become part of the squad responsible for product APIs and microservices that process data, integrate with external systems and leverage different AWS services (SNS, SQS, S3, RDS, ElasticSearch, etc) for better data accessibility and internal communication between themselves.
The squad is also responsible for core backend libraries and microservices used throughout the whole SaaS solution. Some microservices are developed on PHP but the majority of them are on GoLang, thus additionally to dev-op responsibilities this would be a great opportunity for you to learn GoLang in practice and use it to create new, fast and reliable microservices.
As such we are looking for someone with experience with containerisation (Docker) and container orchestration in a cloud environment (AWS). You will have a track record of working in an agile setup using CI/CD pipelines, and enabling product teams with better DevOps processes.
What will we offer you
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including active noise-cancelling headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
What do we look for?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or another technical related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience deploying and managing highly available cloud infrastructures in AWS
- Experience running production workloads in Kubernetes
- Experience running production workload in with Docker compose
- Experience with and GoLang and/or PHP is a plus
- Can independently come up with a pragmatic integration solution
- Solid understanding of the benefits and challenges of micro-services in architectures.
- Solid understanding of principles of system reliability (scalability, high availability, monitoring, alerting, automation)
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Experience defining continuous delivery/deployment automation pipelines.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools. Experience with Gitlab’s pipelines is a plus.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs