Senior DevOps Engineer
BetterWorks provides enterprise software to easily manage strategic plans, collaborative goals (OKR’s) and ongoing performance conversations. Betterworks software helps high-performing companies get aligned, and execute more effectively.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As a Senior Devops Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the platform infrastructure that the Betterworks application utilizes.
- Leveraging solid Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform to produce repeatable and well reviewed infrastructure creation.
- Using your strong background in cloud computing principles, with specific focus on Amazon Web Services, to build and operate services that fulfill the needs of our internal and customer applications.
- Creating and operating a service mesh based design using container orchestration techniques with emphasis on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Investigating, prototyping and implementing new solutions to a wide array of complex system design challenges.
What’ll Help You Be Successful
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps (software engineering skills is a plus)
- Ability to manage time efficiently and focus on clear goals
- Pragmatic approach towards tackling unforeseen challenges
- Experience building clusters and service meshes from scratch
- Knowledge of cloud architecture best practices
- Experience writing and working with languages such as Bash, Python, or Ruby to script and automate manual or repetitive tasks
- Experience working with Linux systems in a production environment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Postgres, Redis or similar technologies
- Experience with AWS and the basic set of services it offers (RDS, S3, EC2, EKS, etc).
- Experience with Terraform (AWS provider is a plus), CloudFormation, or similar IaC tools
- Experience using CICD technologies/software/platforms such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience architecting green field AWS environments a plus
- Experience working on migrations from other platforms to AWS a plus
- Ability to see problems at a high and low level to understand how to architect efficient solutions
- Infinite appetite for learning
- Experience with Python is a bonus!
- Experience with Scrum methodologies and remote teams is a plus!
Life at Betterworks
- Company Sponsored Commuting Costs (Train or Parking, etc., by location)
- Flexible Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Bi-weekly In-house Happy Hours
- Vibrant company culture with frequent team building events
- Competitive salary with stock options
- Betterworks teambuilder Employee Referral Program
- bettercommunities Year-round Team Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Education and Development Opportunities
Betterworks® aligns, develops and activates your workforce for business growth. Through our easy-to-use, integrated software solutions and expertise, we help organizations replace outdated annual review processes with powerful Continuous Performance Management® programs that help managers be better at the conversations, coaching and development necessary to inspire and motivate the entire workforce to meet today's goals and be ready for tomorrow's challenges. Our solution supports truly global workforces, and is used daily by workers from more than 100 countries with localization support in more than 20 languages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse betterworks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global betterworks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs