Infrastructure Project Manager
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Construction and Installation (C&I) department is responsible for delivering the physical elements of all Ocado Group projects globally, with the Implementation Infrastructure team taking specific accountability for building and delivering the products and infrastructure designed by Ocado Technology.
Our Infrastructure Implementation Team is tasked with building and delivering the products and infrastructure designed and developed by Ocado Technology. We like to think that we are on the cutting edge of changing consumers' overall shopping experience. We don’t simply look at this as a grocery revolution we look at this as changing what has been the status quo for over 100 years.
You will guide and direct a disparate project team consisting of intelligent and highly talented, technical individuals who are members of departmental teams within Platform Implementation.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to and manage various aspects of multiple major IT hardware infrastructure projects concurrently through the full project lifecycle
- Craft project plans and track progress on tasks against agreed upon milestones
- Build and track project budgets in excess of £5M
- Work directly with a Technical Delivery Manager on large scale project deliverables ensuring adherence to the overall project plan and budget
- Monitor and handle all project metrics in order to prioritize multiple business critical issues, while ensuring prompt delivery of updates to key stakeholders
- Communicate with the business at all levels, from engineers to Board level
- Manage, mentor, and lead a team of widely dispersed individuals as a cohesive project team
- Introduce new processes while also improving existing ones
- Check and negotiate the IT aspects of any contracts with any external contractors while working with Ocado Legal where applicable
- Understand the components within the overall project and the dependencies associated with them
- Understand project management principles together with an understanding of issue and risk management.
- Prioritise multiple business critical issues and manage updates to key business partners in a time critical manner.
We're Interested In People With:
- BSc in Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- 5+ years of applicable IT and Project Management experience
- An IT Infrastructure Project Management background in the build-out of all IT components associated with greenfield sites such as Modular Data Centres, Structured Cabling, CCTV & WiFi and the coordinated management of resources associated with such infrastructure
- Proven ability to manage international projects across multiple time zones and flexibility to work remotely and with teams in other time zones. An ability to manage geographically dispersed projects across the US
- Significant experience working in a customer facing, service or support role
- The ability to prioritize multiple business critical issues and manage updates to key business partners in a time critical manner
- Considerable Project Management experience, demonstrating responsibility for delivering successful change across a variety of projects ideally within an IT Infrastructure or other IT field
- An understanding of project management principles together with an understanding of issue and risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Can Offer You:
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs