Senior Cloud Automation Engineer
We at Varjo create hardware and software to fulfil our vision of immersive computing. Our virtual and mixed reality products are already transforming the way professionals work, create and experience reality. Join us to shape this together with us.
We want to work with the best – we want You to join us. We are offering you an exciting position where you can see into and shape the future.
We are looking for a seasoned cloud automation engineer who will design, build and maintain automation for our hybrid test and integration environments in the cloud for Varjo services. You will bridge our on-premise environment with the cloud. You will help building and maintaining this bridge and build our test / integration environments in the cloud. You will be working closely with various engineering teams ranging from back-end development to computer vision teams building cloud enabled experiences. As a person you are passionate about building pipelines that help your peer engineers be productive, users to get access to quality cloud experiences fast and QA engineers to work on their tasks continuously and fluently.
This is a full-time position located in Helsinki, Finland. We also support remote working from other cities in Finland. If you are coming from abroad, we will gladly support relocating to the capital of the world's happiest country.
You design and code testing and deployment pipelines which bridge our on-premise and cloud environments.
You are a cloud-native, you learned the tools of the trade through several years of working for cloud-based products. You know by heart how to configure and bring up AWS Windows instances.
You will work with your continuous integration and developer colleagues to define what, how and when we automate to achieve a seamless developer experience.
Seamless developer experience in our context means that whichever area our developers work in they can be confident that their fresh code works as intended both locally and in the cloud thanks to your pipelines.
You ensure speed and robustness of these pipelines and support these pipelines be it on-premise or in the cloud.
A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing test and deployment pipelines in a hybrid on-premise + cloud environment
A minimum of 5 years of experience working with AWS
Deep and hands-on knowledge of EC2 AMI’s, AWS python API’s, configuration and management tools
Understanding networking (TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, HTTP/S, REST) in AWS context
System administration and configuration knowledge and experience on both Windows and Linux
Understanding of cloud architecture: scalability, reliability, isolation, IAM, etc.
Experience managing CI/CD pipelines
We are fluent in Python and Groovy, we expect the same from you, same for Jenkins
Track record of shipping products with a strong cloud component and being a key individual in the automation effort
Exceptional can-do attitude
Not afraid to roll up your sleeves to debug and fix issues in our software infrastructure farm, be it local or cloud
Team player, ability to perform in cross-functional teams and to share knowledge with others
Excellent communication skills in English
Good sense of (dark) humor
Nice to have:
Automated deployment tooling knowledge such as Ansible, chef or puppet
Azure and/or GCP experience
Test automation experience with Robot framework
The possibility to shape the future of computing by taking part in creating new state of the art products in virtual and mixed reality
A startup culture with minimal bureaucracy and maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
Awesome colleagues and team, work with the best, learn from the best
The possibility to select the tools and methods you want to use to do your job effectively
Competitive salary in the capital of the world's happiest country
Premium employee medical coverage with life insurance and disability benefits
Office located right in the middle of downtown Helsinki and the possibility to work remotely in Finland
Get in touch
Ready to join? Apply now.
Include your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Send us details of work you are especially proud of and what you did in those projects – wow us.
If you know people who are already working for Varjo, feel free to drop their names in your message.
These roles will be filled as soon as suitable candidates are found.
Candidates with a suitable combination of education, training and experience are encouraged to apply. Even if your profile is not a perfect match but you want to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs