Cloud SRE - Site Reliability Engineer ( Reliability)
Thanks to our ongoing expansion, we have the opportunity to grow our Cloud Reliability team. As part of Elastic Cloud engineering, we focus on delivering a reliable and resilient Elastic Cloud. We draw upon our operational experience to not just solve issues with distributed systems, but also influence the direction of Elastic Cloud for designing and solving for a stable and reliable service. We’re looking for people who are just as passionate about taking an engineering approach to solving operational problems as they are to utilizing data and feedback to work collaboratively to solve problems.
What you will be doing:
In this role you will:
- Lead technical initiatives aimed at improving the reliability of Elastic Cloud, taking an engineering approach to the prevention, detection, and timely mitigation of issues.
- Contribute to SRE engineering through auto-remediation and system engineering efforts to continue our efforts in reducing human intervention in automation of processes and operational tasks.
- Respond to major incidents, correcting and improving systems to prevent incidents and grow at scale.
- Solve the operational problems that you find in Elastic Cloud with full support from your team. You will contribute to a culture of elevating others, collaboration, and operational excellence.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation, using a follow-the-sun model.
What you bring along:
- Holistic view of and true appreciation for reliability, borne of real-world experience operating production services.
- You have examples of using software engineering and SRE practices to solve operational problems.
- You have a background in software engineering, and can confidently collaborate with engineers to identify and resolve issues. Ideally with experience in public cloud; AWS, GCP, Azure and preferably on distributed systems at scale.
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, and are able to build strong relationships with your inclusive communication methods.
- Examples of working in distributed teams or working remotely is desirable.
You don't need to have all of these items, but these represent the types of work you will do at Elastic Cloud
- You have operated a SaaS product in a public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, or SoftLayer preferred).
- You have experience in system administration with professional skills in Linux on distributed systems at scale.
- You have designed, implemented or diagnosed and resolved issues with the Elastic Stack.
- You have proven experience in leading alerting and major incident management best practices.
- You are experienced in contributing in a self-organizing and collaborative team environment.
- You have mentored, coached, and grown team members to bring out the best in them.
- You are comfortable writing software to automate orchestration tasks at scale (we commonly use Python, Go, and Shell scripting).
- You have used metrics systems (e.g. Elastic Stack, Graphite, Prometheus, Influx) effectively to diagnose issues and quantify impacts, sharing this information with others at varying levels in the organization.
- You have worked with containerized services (such as Docker.)
For this position we can only accept applicants currently in: Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, South Korea or Hong Kong.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs