Staff Engineer, Infrastructure Service Mesh
San Francisco, CA
Staff Engineer, Service Mesh
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
We are looking for experienced and passionate Senior Engineers who have backgrounds in programming, distributed systems, and Kubernetes to help Wayfair continue its focus on modernizing its Service Mesh and Kubernetes architecture. You’ll join a high performing team that is building out specialized tools and enhancements for Kubernetes.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to design and implementation of service mesh (Istio, Envoy).
- Consolidate and design service discovery across hybrid cloud and containers vs non-containers.
- Work closely with Kubernetes, Cloud and Security groups to ensure service mesh works seamlessly and meets highest performance/security standards.
- Work closely with Developer platform groups to ensure all major language platforms can easily take advantage of service mesh.
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
What You’ll Need:
- BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience as software or infrastructure engineer operating scalable and reliable cloud platforms.
- Solid understanding of public cloud providers, GCP preferred.
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures and internal components.
- Understanding of Kubernetes network architecture how traffic moves within pods, between clusters, load balancers, and the internet.
- Experience using advanced knowledge of Linux OS either on bare metal hardware or VMWare.
- Experience working with servicemesh tools (Istio) is highly desirable.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining Kubernetes.
- Experience using networking technologies like BGP (calico) or TCP / IP or load balancers or firewalls.
- Experience using configuration management like puppet or ansible or terraform.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Cloud Infrastructure Architect Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Solutions Architect - VMware Specialist Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Load Balancing-related jobs