Staff Infrastructure Engineer, Networking
Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Remote, San Francisco
“The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 450 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Transport Infrastructure team’s mission is building and maintaining interservice and edge networking infrastructure that is performant, reliable, and secure. The infrastructure provides self-serve features for Reddit engineers that make the network easy to understand and easy to use.
As a Staff Engineer on this team, you’ll work closely with other infrastructure engineers, SREs and service owners, drawing on your expertise to set the technical direction for Reddit’s networking architecture. You’ll be responsible for leading broad infrastructure projects through design, planning, and implementation.
- Design, plan, and implement architectural projects such as service mesh and RPC standardization.
- Work closely with Compute, Storage, Developer Tooling, and Security teams to ensure service mesh works seamlessly and meets high performance/security standards.
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
- Determine the technical direction for the networking platform while aligning with Reddit’s overall strategy.
- Provide technical leadership by sharing technical expertise within the Transport Infrastructure team.
- 7+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience working with and/or operating Envoy/HAProxy/Nginx or any other networking proxy.
- Familiarity with networking disciplines, such as load balancers, API gateways, DNS management, HTTP2, GRPC, etc.
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of microservice architectures.
- Knowledge of an enterprise cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining configuration controls through infrastructure-as-code.
Explore more DevOps and Cloud career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs