Engineering Manager, Infrastructure and Security Operations (InfraOps)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Are you passionate about scalable systems, automation frameworks, high traffic production infrastructure and security? Do you enjoy building teams and seeing your teammates excel in dynamic and varied technical and business domain areas?
On the Infrastructure and Operations team (part of Affirm’s Platform and Infrastructure Engineering team), you will find a unique opportunity to use your leadership skills, while continuing to be technical and responsible for the design and long term roadmap for architecting, securing, maintaining, automating and operationalizing systems that form the fundamental infrastructure building blocks for the Platform, Frameworks, Security and Product Engineering teams at Affirm.
You will help us build easy-to-use, automated, secure, reliable and observable systems as well as processes that allow other Affirm engineering teams to efficiently use our infrastructure to launch, operate and deliver high quality consumer products and services spanning multiple merchants, b2c ecosystems, partners and vendors across the globe. Building systems to tackle such business and resiliency requirements is complicated, but exciting. Our consistency, compliance, regulatory and security requirements add to this challenge. These kinds of problems captivate us and we are looking for hardworking and inspired leaders like yourself to join us!
What you'll do
- Build, grow and lead an inclusive, diverse and distributed team of hardworking engineers responsible for building infrastructure frameworks, systems and tools to enable new global Affirm products that scale over millions of users and their transactions and secure data.
- Provide technical leadership in defining and owning the roadmap for a team which has other Platform, frameworks, product engineering and security teams as its stakeholders.
- Lead by example, care for your team and establish credibility with the quality of your team's technical execution.
- Work cross functionally with multiple engineering leads, technical program managers and product managers on security, tools, architecture, planning and delivery of multiple concurrent projects.
- Provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team members, develop talent, mentor engineers, recruit and represent Affirm’s hiring brand.
What we look for
- Solid leadership and an effective communicator, driving inclusive discussions.
- Good experience in attracting, growing and retaining top engineering talent.
- Strong partner leadership skills with a deep interest in helping other teams solve technical challenges by aligning strategic roadmaps where needed
- Experience working with one or more engineering teams as a customer is a plus
- Extensive experience using CI/CD as well as Infrastructure as Code to deploy and manage infrastructure that runs cloud-based services using Python, JVM-Based languages and AWS infrastructure.
- In-depth, hands-on experience building platforms at scale for containerized workloads, particularly using Kubernetes, including cluster provisioning, operations, and workflow orchestration.
- Experience with AWS is required. Experience with Azure/GCP and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Experience in using OpenSource software to build technology solutions.
- Strong expertise with infrastructure scaling, operations, system internals, file-systems, security, network, concurrency frameworks and container orchestration systems is a plus.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- You obsess about keeping costs low while building your team and products.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs