Senior Platform Engineer Lead
Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, we’re on a mission to elevate technology and people so you can reach new heights.
Yes, you. Empowering people to keep growing, learning and succeeding is what we do for our customers and colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher you’ll belong to a diverse and dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, and receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something that’s lived and breathed. Our culture isn’t a nice-to-have but key to who we are and what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Let’s talk.
Which team will you be part of?
The Senior Platform Engineer Lead’s primary role is to provide technical leadership in the domain of tooling and automation within Cloud Operations through design, development and support of a cutting edge Managed Services platform which underpins Cloudreach Managed Services Business and is vital for its success and growth.
What will your role be?
- Lead design, development and maintenance of Managed Platform tooling and platform components in meeting Cloud Operations delivery expectations
- Drive innovation in tooling and technology
- Be a DevOps advocate, focus on process and workflow automation increasing efficiency of Cloud Operations
- Own resolution of technical and operational escalations
What are we looking for?
- Autonomy - Independently makes good judgements and decisions even when data is ambiguous or incomplete, resolving complex issues by selecting appropriate methods or technologies in creative and effective ways.
- Collaboration - Enhances team effectiveness through questioning, supporting and coaching peers, including brokering pragmatic solutions when opinions differ. Develops external contacts outside immediate specialism.
- Leadership - Take the lead on larger projects where outcomes are typically defined, but approach undetermined.
Incident management - Able to run large incidents and handle escalations.
- Customer focus - Leads stakeholder discussions and resolves conflicts with a focus on Cloudreach goals
- Cloud - Understands the constraints and opportunities presented by cloud platform services, and how they fit into both operational delivery and customer solutions. Has minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with at least one cloud provider. CSP certification in the field of Architecture/DevOps is a must. Practical experience with Terraform is a plus.
- DevOps - the practitioner with clear understanding of concepts and best practices. Experience of driving automation at scale using CSP and third party orchestration tools.
- Software engineering - good level and experience developing automation with Python. Solid understanding software architecture and design of large scale, distributed systems and experience of their implementation. Practical experience with Serverless framework is a plus.
- Systems engineering - operating systems, networking and scripting.
What you’ll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills and expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge and behaviors you bring to Cloudreach and aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business and make a difference to our customers, your colleagues and your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles and grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, and continuous feedback to boost your expertise and give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic and inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness – and fun, with managers who listen, engage and empower your actions.
- Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
- Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms and become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
- Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health and wellness programmes, and sustain you throughout the day with snacks and drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
- Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables and beanbags for more playful moments.
- Giving you flexibility: You’ll feel immediately plugged in with a Macbook and smartphone for the office and beyond, helping you work where and how you want.
- Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate – or two – of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.