Cloud Architect, Field Sales
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Portworx has joined Pure Storage to form a new Cloud Native Business Unit. Portworx is a cloud native platform that enterprises depend on to reduce the cost and complexity of rapidly deploying containerized applications across multiple clouds and on-prem environments. Via Portworx, you can manage any database or stateful service on any infrastructure using any container scheduler. You get a single data management layer for all of your stateful services, no matter where they run. And we thrive in multi-cloud environments.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect with mastery in containerization, DevOps practices, and running databases in production. Must have extensive knowledge of software development landscape that will help sales teams present the most optimal solutions to customers, the desire and ability to travel within your assigned territory, and a customer-focused mindset. Must be a hands-on technical expert who will support sales activities in the region. This is not a passive technical advisory role supporting sales efforts with technical slides and documentation. This is a proactive, engaging, customer-focused, problem-solving position.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
The Pure Storage Cloud Architecture team is responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical and business expertise to customers who want to run stateful applications in containers and automate “Day 2” data management workflows. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on development and enhancement of products.
- 5+ years experience as a hands-on software architect, in a customer facing capacity
- Fluency with DevOps concepts and tools, including but not limited to: Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD, and other container platforms
- Ability to see and present ‘the big picture’ and offer solutions to improve upon it, proactively seeking out and driving customer oriented solutions.
- Experience in data engineering, big data, and database operations, delivery and operational services
- Expertise and working knowledge of Cloud IaaS environments such as VMware, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and OpenStack
- Understanding of data platform technologies as they relate to highly available business applications on- prem and in the cloud
- Knowledge of the enterprise application development lifecycle and container platforms’ effect on it
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Ability to distill complex problems into a simplified vision that drives customer interest in Portworx technologies
- Strong bias for action, drive, initiative
- Charismatic self-starter with a natural ability on stage, in the spotlight, and with customers
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally (temporarily restricted under current global health environment)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Mastery with Kubernetes deployment
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Kubernetes
- Prior experience presenting to IT executives, decision makers and highly technical audiences
- Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
- Familiarity with other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with HA deployments for modern scale out databases and data processing solutions like Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Kafka, Elasticsearch and HDFS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
Explore more DevOps and Cloud career opportunities
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer Jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure Jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Site Reliability Engineer II Jobs
- Open DevOps Infrastructure Engineer Jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Principal Cloud Architect Jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Jobs
- Open Sr. Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Engineer - Raleigh Hub Jobs
- Open Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure) Jobs
- Open Senior Security Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Quality Automation Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open QA Automation Engineer - Workforce Engagement Management Jobs
- Open Senior Devops Engineer Jobs
- Open Cloud DevOps Systems Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Software Development Engineer, AWS Security Jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer Jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Reliability engineering-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Perl-related jobs
- Open Jenkins-related jobs
- Open Web applications-related jobs
- Open Spark-related jobs
- Open Vault-related jobs