Senior/Principal DevOps Engineer
Washington, DC or Remote
Do you want to join a team that is building infrastructure for Rally's Data Platform that provides our organization with accurate analytics, helping us make better decisions and provide solutions for our customers? If so, we'd love to connect! Rally is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Data Infrastructure team and will report to the Director, Engineering. We welcome 100% remote candidates!
- 4+ years of experience in one or more non-bash scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Go)
- Experience with container hosting platforms (Apache Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Experience administering and configuring Ubuntu hosts using tooling (Ansible, Packer, Chef)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- You have maintained one or more DB technologies (MongoDB, Postgres)
- Develop automation scripts by submitting PRs and participating in code reviews (github)
- Build monitors and alerts that keep uptime high, and production incidents low (Splunk, Datadog, New Relic)
- Manage access to health data stores (Redshift, S3/IAM, Hadoop)
- When it gets off the rails, you'd expect to troubleshoot and repair Linux hosts through command line (Ubuntu, bash)
- You would work with developers to provide agile and secure fast lanes to get code from keyboard to production through automation tooling (Jenkins)
- Administer AWS resources using modern config-based tooling (Terraform)
- We take reducing on-call pages seriously, but you should expect to participate in a reasonably shared on-call rotation that rewards proactivity and de-emphasizes heroing (PagerDuty)
- We handle healthcare data, so you'll observe HIPAA and related laws, data-defense is top of mind
Please note that we can hire this position in multiple states.
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will improve into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams to better provide our digital products to consumers.
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees and paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.