Senior DevOps Engineer - Calico Cloud (Cork, Ireland)
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Tigera is the industry leader in Kubernetes security and observability, and is also the inventor and maintainer of open-source Calico. We help organizations of all sizes in various industries to secure, observe, and troubleshoot cloud-native applications in Kubernetes environments. Our newest offering, Calico Cloud, is a next-generation, Kubernetes-native cloud service that extends the declarative nature of Kubernetes to specify "security and observability as code," which ensures consistent enforcement of security policies and compliance, and provides observability and troubleshooting across multi-cluster, multi-cloud, and hybrid deployments.
Our software powers over a million Kubernetes nodes across 166 countries, and all of the major public cloud providers use it for their own managed Kubernetes services. Tigera's solutions are used by some of the world's leading companies, including HanseMerkur, Merck, Mindbody, RealPage, L3Harris, Discover, AT&T, and ServiceNow.
As our team grows, we are looking for colleagues who not only share our passion for this work and growing our company, but who will also strengthen our company values and help ensure that Tigera remains a great place to work. At our core, our focus is on our customers, who are the heroes of our story; on aiming high and staying nimble in how we get there; on continuous learning to drive our success; and on respecting, collaborating, and supporting each other on a daily basis.
If you are looking to help make a substantial impact, and our values and products align with your vision of your career growth, we want to hear from you!
About Your Role
Tigera is looking for a highly skilled Senior DevOps Engineer. You will be joining our Calico Cloud platform engineering team. You will work closely with the other software engineers to deliver products on time and to quality while managing and communicating risks. To do this, you will design, implement and maintain systems related to the Calico Cloud service.
You have experience with:
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Programming in Go (Golang), Python, or shell (bash) scripting.
- GNU makefiles and Linux sysadmin / networking.
- Defining and implementing end-to-end CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, Spinnaker or ArgoCD.
- IaC technologies such as Terraform.
- Collecting and processing metrics from tools such as Prometheus/Datadog/NewRelic, and can walk teams through setting up SLO and SLA targets.
- Troubleshooting production issues and doing root cause analysis.
Nice to have:
- Worked with a few of these: GCP, AWS, GKE, EKS, AKS, Rancher, and OpenShift.
- Deep understanding of Linux internals.
- Deployed applications spanning more than 1 public cloud platform.
- Infrastructure and product security experience and knowledge.
Why Join us
With offices in San Francisco, San Jose, Vancouver (Canada), Cork (Ireland), and London (England), we have a thriving team of diverse individuals from all over the world. We believe in a collaborative, flexible work environment based on respect for, and commitment from, every employee. We also offer a competitive compensation package along with full health, vision, and dental benefits. These benefits, coupled with an amazing team of individuals who believe in our mission and value openness, collaboration, and teamwork, make Tigera an awesome place to work.