Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role
As a DevOps at Remitly, you will report to an engineering manager and will help build and monitor applications in all the essential technologies that underpin our company. This includes applications built and operating on AWS, Kubernetes, and Istio infrastructure platforms. You will develop tools to make our engineering output more reliable and tested with confidence. You will help manage applications running in a production environment using existing tools and participate on our on-call rotations and mange the shifts.
- Monitor production systems
- Work with engineers to implement and automate delivery pipelines
- Manage IAM and secret keys in AWS
- Oversee OCI (On Call Incident) process and ensure it runs smoothly
- Enhance application alerting strategies
- Reduce production application error rate
- Apply best practices of DevOps for the Destination Experience (DEX) team
- 5+ years of experience in operation and support role using the listed technologies.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- You have solid experience with alarming, micro-services, and infrastructure as code such as Terraform
- Experience with CloudWatch, API Gateway, lambda, Kubernetes, Grafana, Humio,
- Experience with logstash data processing pipelines and tools such as Humio, Prometheus, Jaeger
- Demonstrate high ownership and ability to bring issues to resolution
- Rice Allowance - 1,500 pesos/month
- Transportation Allowance -1,000 pesos/month
- Leaves and Cash Conversion - 20 leaves / year
- all accrued but unused leaves reckoned at the end of each year will be converted to cash up to a maximum of 5 days
- Accident and Life Insurance
- HMO - You will be enrolled in company-provided HMO within the first month of employment. Rules for availing HMO benefits shall follow company policies and procedures.
- Have an opportunity to own stock options