Big Data Tech Lead (DevOps) (Bangkok based, Relocation provided)
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Our systems scale across multiple data centres, totaling a few million writes per second and managing tens of petabytes of data. We deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage, and analytics. We are not just using Big Data technologies; we are pushing them to the edge.
Join us in the team that handles our Data Lake, a crucial platform that serves a wide range of business-critical needs and applications from being used to train ML models for user-facing applications, to enabling reporting and monitoring, to empowering Product Owners to do research and experimentation hypothesis. The data lake is the very heart of our data-driven culture and spans hundreds of servers across multiple data centres at tens of PB scale.
In this Role, You'll get to:
- Lead the team technically in improving scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of our existing data systems
- Debug , Patch, Contribute, and Administer open source software like Hadoop Ecosystem Projects, Spark, Trino, S3 compatible Object Storage, Docker
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for our core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks
What You’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- Expert level understanding of JVM and either Java or Scala
- 5 year’s experience administering Big Data technologies/tools/clusters at scale
- Expert level understanding of the following technical stack: HDFS, YARN, Oozie, Spark, MPP SQL engines like Impala or Trino
- Good understanding of the following technologies: Object Storage, Kerberos, Kubernetes
- Experience debugging and resolving production issues from large Data Lake Deployments
- Good understanding of the Linux Kernel with advance Linux systems administration skills
It's Great if you have:
- Experience working on hybrid Cloud Big Data Architectures
- Administrative experience for data lakes spanning multiple on-premise data center a plus
- Worked on Data Lake clusters with at least tens of PB scale or more
#sydney #melbourne #perth #paris #london #tokyo #dhaka #edinburgh #liverpool #manchester #amsterdam #munich #berlin #toronto #vancouver #moscow #dublin #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #taipei #ENG #IT #4 #LI-TS1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.