Data DevOps Engineer (Hadoop Platform) (Bangkok based, Relocation provided)
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Our systems scale across multiple data centres, totalling a few million writes per second and managing tens of petabytes of data. We deal with problems from real-time data-ingestion, replication, enrichment, storage and analytics. We are not just using Big Data technologies; we are pushing them to the edge.
Join us in the team that handles our Data Lake, a crucial platform that serves a wide range of business critical needs and applications from being used to train ML models for user-facing applications, to enabling reporting and monitoring, to empowering Product Owners to do research and experimentation hypothesis. The data lake is the very heart of our data-driven culture and spans hundreds of servers across multiple data centres at tens of PB scale.
In this Role, You will get to:
- Improve scalability, stability, accuracy, speed and efficiency of our existing data systems
- Debug , Patch, Contribute, and Administer open source software like Hadoop Ecosystem Projects, Spark, Trino, S3 compatible Object Storage, Docker
- Design, build, test and deploy new libraries, frameworks or full systems for our core systems while keeping to the highest standards of testing and code quality
- Work with experienced engineers and product owners to identify and build tools to automate many large-scale data management / analysis tasks
What You’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science /Information Systems/Engineering/related field
- Experience debugging and reasoning about production issues is desirable
- A good understanding of data architecture principles preferred
- Any experience with Big Data technologies / tools
- Systems administration skills in Linux
- Experience in JVM languages (Java/Scala in particular) and/or Golang
- Python/Shell scripting skills also a plus
It's Great if you have:
- Good understanding of Hadoop ecosystems
- Hadoop Administrator Experience
- Experience working with private or public Cloud Computing and/or Object Storage
- Experience working with Open-source products
- Working in an agile environment using test driven methodologies
#sydney #melbourne #perth #paris #london #tokyo #dhaka #edinburgh #liverpool #manchester #amsterdam #munich #berlin #toronto #vancouver #moscow #dublin #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #taipei #ENG #IT #4 #LI-TS1
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.